Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any issue's yet? I know a lot of owners have binned their's, and after the 50th time of removing it today to do some work. I've done the same.

Just wondered if anyone has had a severe issue caused due to no under tray.

·
Registered
11,773 Posts
mines running cooler since mitsy forgot to put mine back on

·
Premium Member
8,869 Posts
Mines been off for over a year, no real problems and the guys at Steve Hill love it when it comes to service time although I haven't noticed any decrease in cost :lol:

·
Registered
589 Posts
same here never had one bought it without but what issues are you talking about what could happen driving without?

·
Registered
732 Posts
It would be nice when working in the bay that when you drop stuff it actually came out the bottom rather than having to be retreived with magnets! :lol:

Sounds like a plan for the weekend. How many plugs are there securing it, and where? I will obviously be under there but I'll be laid on my back with the sump inches from my face so any pointers welcome!

Cheers

·
Registered
12,442 Posts
hey mate, can you send a pic to see how it looks. was thinking of removing them but I am not sure :rolleyes:
thanks

ps: is there an advantage? airflow? or disadvantage? rust? mud?
Bout best I can get at minute mate, leaves oil cooler at offside and gearbox at n/s slightly more exposed but upto now had no probs *touches wood*

They were basicallt knackered from years of tyre rubbing, so I just lopped them off, thought they looked neater lol

·
Registered
3,154 Posts
Had mine removed for couple weeks, engine bay got really filthy and the front end felt weird at high speeds. Just my experience.

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
same here never had one bought it without but what issues are you talking about what could happen driving without?
stones, road debrie taking out the belts

It would be nice when working in the bay that when you drop stuff it actually came out the bottom rather than having to be retreived with magnets! :lol:

Sounds like a plan for the weekend. How many plugs are there securing it, and where? I will obviously be under there but I'll be laid on my back with the sump inches from my face so any pointers welcome!

Cheers
About 25 plastic rivets. 2 are hidden above the centre piece

1 - 20 of 21 Posts