Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was just thinking about this the other day while at work, why dont they bring in food stamps for people on the rock and roll? (dole).. i can see a lot of people suddenly getting jobs when they realise they cant buy there cider and **** :confused:

sure this would be possible and would save £10000000s each year

·
Super Moderator
Jesus built my car
38,858 Posts
Was just thinking about this the other day while at work, why dont they bring in food stamps for people on the rock and roll? (dole).. i can see a lot of people suddenly getting jobs when they realise they cant buy there cider and **** :confused:

sure this would be possible and would save £10000000s each year
They'd just sell them for half their value for money to buy booze and ****.

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
they could do it with a card of some type though, which gets topped up. so the gov would save on paper too :D

·
Registered
8,537 Posts
they do get vouchers that can only be used on fruit veg and milk but that's as far as it goes at the moment. Most people on benefits buy food etc for their family rather than cider and have a worthy reason for claiming it's a small group that wreck it and cause the stigma (that you often hear on here):)

People seem to think it's a life of riley being on benefits it's only a few that play the system that you hear about through the media. I used to work in mental health and those people that were on benefits didn't have a huge amount of money and it was pretty rubbish for them actualy.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Having had to go on the dole at the beginning of the year (for a grand total of 3 weeks!) I have to say its totally rubbish. I am a smoker, but have been for 6 years, and have worked since I was 13.

Unfortunately I had to claim as my parents put it "I can't live on fresh air" and they weren't in a position to help me out much but they did try their best.

I have to admit my 3 weeks of money took so long to come through I ended up owing it to my parents but it got used to pay for me to go to interviews by sticking fuel in my tank and paid my bus fare when I got my temp job that I'm in now.

So food vouchers would have been near on useless to me, as I'm lucky in that I do still live with my parents (moved back in the summer!) so eating wasn't a huge issue, I needed to money to pay my personal bills and get me to and from interviews.

Just thought i'd add - as soon as I was aware I'd be out of work I took the evo off the road, to save me some money.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts