Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive already moved the rear fog from the tasteful hanging under the bumper to the o/s reverse light. My rear screen is tinted so it'd kinda be nice to have both reverse lights back again. Has anyone wired the fog to the spoiler brake light whilst still retaining its use when you brake? (so when you brake its still in normal function & when you switch on the rear fog switch its perm on). Is this possible? If so whats the deal? :handsup:

·
Premium Member
14,884 Posts
Not heard it done before but you could do it with a relay to switch power to the spoiler light so it could be a brake light (normal operation) or fog light (switched operation).

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thought a relay would do the trick just wondered if someone had a wiring diagram of what they did (being lazy !)

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
I've wired the fog into the side light on the rear cluster on the drivers side and the a second reveerse light there too. I have a 260 that original comes with the fog in the cluster.

To do the conversion just replace the 2wire bulb holder with a 3 wire one and modify the housing to make fit. Wire the cables correctly and jobs a good n.

Andy

·
Premium Member
6,034 Posts
:confused: Would It Be Legal To Have A Fog Light Mounted So High? Cos I Know I'd Be Pretty Peed Off If I Came Up Behind A Car With It Shining Straight Into My Face :goingmad:

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ah, it may well pay to keep it in the reverse light then!! Got the MOT in April so best keep it legal. Guess I can just put it in reverse and stick my rear fog on if I cant see through my rear screen tint :crackup:

Any ideas where I can get those red led lamps from that will fit a Evo6 reverse lamp holder?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts