Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I'm getting Jamie at EvoTune to fit a new clutch for me next month. I have a new Helix 4 paddle clutch 230mm. I'm not sure what flywheel or pressure plate is currently fitted but I have a used Exedy flywheel/clutch/pressure plate that came with the spares with the car. Do the flywheel/pressure plate look reuseable, there appears to be no scoring and I could probably get them refaced by my workshops.

·
Registered
731 Posts
That 4 puck won't last very long, just down to the lack of friction material. I've worn one out in short order..

Flywheel has got odd heat markings on it, almost like the 6 pucks have super-heated it when stood?.

What do you use the car for?, heavy launching will more that likey wear the 4 puck out in no time at all..

·
Registered
404 Posts
Would not use the cover and flywheel shown as the flywheel is definately dished and the cover has done its day. If you do fit them it will reduce the expected life the new paddle plate. So fit new flywheel and cover to get the best use of the new plate. It looks like the clutch has been used in traffic lots of stop start paddle clutches in my view are not suitable for this type of work. The are designed more for bite and go not for everyday driving.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts