Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
I really need to give my evo tune up but I live in the states. I have a workshop manual and am ready to go. just changed the oil. I now need to do the following: brakes, gearbox, AYC. any other fluids I need to change for a tune up? car has about 30k on it. I live in the states. what fluids could I use here? what fluids do I need?

G

·
Discussion Starter #2
Man u live in the land of the mother lode as far as oils r concerned , check out Redline , those guys know yr engine and drivetrain.
AYC oil must b Mitsubishi genuine.
Brake fluid , just buy a top race grade fluid , check out Earls performance (the braided hose people) they have a top brake fluid.
Make sure u get the correct GENUINE oil filter 4 the engine , V.importanto :)

G

·
Discussion Starter #3
thanks. so AYC is the only fluid I have to get from overseas and the rest I should be ablt to get here. right?

G

·
Discussion Starter #5
thanks evo boy. can anyone recommend what to do exactly for a tune up. what would you replace? which fluids? what order? or can anyone give me a list of things to do
thanks

G

·
Discussion Starter #6
eric,
Much depends on the mileage and your useage.
Scheduled services r every 4500 miles , but if u r doing much performance driving or if the car is heavily modded u need 2 inspect the car more frequently.
Traditional tune-up's don't really apply 2 Evo's , all engine control is via the ecu , so fueling and ignition don't need constant attention. Plugs shud do at least 18 k miles. A search will throw up servicing details and scheds.
Personally , I change engine oil every 4500 miles , and trans oils every 9000 , inc AYC fluid. Fuel filter every 18000 miles. Airfilter , if standard paper , change it when u c the colour change's even slightly , oiled foam (not the best for Evo's) clean and reoil at least every 4500 miles , mesh , blow out often (coz it's so easy !) , but even this depends how dusty yr local area is.
If the car is new 2 u and u don't know 4 sure the oils in the engine and trans , change it , also check the spark plugs 4 the correct type and grade.
Shout if u need more help :)

G

·
Discussion Starter #7
evoboy,

why do you say you must use the proper AYC fliud? I thought that this had been discontinued by Mitsi (although most dealers still seem to have loads) and you should use Dexron or similar good auto trans fluid?

or am i ####ing into the wind?

G

·
Discussion Starter #8
Yep you are right Oli,
ATF Dexron SP-III is suitable for the AYC, that's what was put in mine on the last service by Mitsubishi.

G

·
Discussion Starter #11
Evoboy,
AYC fluid is replaced by ATF SP-III. Hydraulic Actuation fluid remains ATF SP-II. Mitsubishi will also be bringing out a new service schedule for the Evo's where the AYC torque transfer and hydraulic actuation (reservoir) fluids are bumped up to 18k mile intervals (I think). I have also been told they will also be bringing out a 'heavy use' schedule as a supplement to the 'normal' schedule.

G

·
Discussion Starter #12
TFT,
S'pose thats wot u get when u don't pay any attention 2 the dealer network ;) Mind u , it doesn't make that much difference apart from availability.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts