Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
Mosi said:
Time to give your wife a goodbye card......
And then the plane lands safely on its remaining engines... :eek: :hammerhea

·
Registered
7,300 Posts
Me too, well I used to anyway.

I just flew in from Thailand, 13 hours in total and it seems that spending around 6 of them in horrendous turbulence has pretty much cured it for me, partly due to the Qantas Ozzies laid back approach to the whole ordeal :)

·
Registered
878 Posts
I've never been a nervous flyer, but could never sleep on planes for fear of not being 'fully prepared' should something go wrong (Imagine waking up halfway through a 'brace yourselves' call!). Anyway, after being on a flight to Cape Town where the pilot took 3 attempts to land it - and was greeted with a round of applause when he eventually did - I have now decided that, no matter what, I cannot influence anything and if I die, I die... so I may as well not worry.

I suggest anyone scared of flying also go on holiday to India and experience the roads. Flying is a breeze after that.

James.

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
It could fall off for all I care as long as the wing stayed put :D

Modern planes (even the 2 engined ones) are more than capable of continuing thier journey with just one engine :)

I might think about flying again when we eventually got on the ground though :D

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
I saw this photo a while ago and wondered if it was real or not (photoshop).

Anyone know what the background of this incident was. Pretty calm to be taking photos out of the window if it is real. I wouldn't mind knowingthe airline involved too if you know what I mean :D

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
hobbers said:
I saw this photo a while ago and wondered if it was real or not (photoshop).

Anyone know what the background of this incident was. Pretty calm to be taking photos out of the window if it is real. I wouldn't mind knowingthe airline involved too if you know what I mean :D
Looks like British Midland's coulours or TUI' planes(Thomsons) :confused:

(Could be feckin anyone's,just my guess :rolleyes: :blush: :crackup: )

1 - 20 of 53 Posts