Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys

How long can you leave you cars (with the alarm on) before there is not enough power in the battery to start the engine.

I have just returned from holiday and no surprises the battery on my E6 was flat. I know that the battery in the car is small enough to fit in the Duracel Bunny, but am I being unreasonable expecting it to start after a week and a half?

This is now the third time this has happened to me, can you shed some light on it? (no jokes about the power/light thing okay?.

I have a third party Sigma alarm/immobiliser fitted - Could there be some sort of wiring problem or is this just all part of the experience?

Thanks

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
My VI has a Clifford concept 300 installed ,
the car can stand for between 2 and amp; 3 weeks
before it discharges to the point of not
starting (although the alarm is happy for
longer).
Alarms have varying power consumptions but
the actual LED indicator draws way more power
than the actual alarm brain
Actually although the battery in the VI is
physically small it is a high power density
type , so it will sustain the alarm for a similar time to a normally sized type.

Cheers

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have the exact same problem in my GTI-R
It has a weeny little thing of a battery....which results in lost of embarrasing moments (mainly due to me leaving lights on!!)
Only takes 20 mins of stereo / 10 mins of lights before it wont start.

its got a Cliff. 400 and it will stand for 1 week max.......

Tried 3 batteries - no change

V.annoying

Easto

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Halfords do a larger battery, that fits straight in. The battery is both physically larger and more powerful. HB054 I think it is.

Since I have had this battery fitted I have had no problems with the car being left standing for up to 4 weeks. I have a Laserline alarm/immobiliser fitted.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Guys

Well there is definitely something wrong. I took the car for a long drive 50 Miles on Saturday, went to start it this morning and its dead again.

I have called the company who supplied the car and he said that they've had a few problems with the battery on the IV's. I've got to get the battery checked out and get back to him (he'll replace it under warranty).

How do you go about testing the battery given it could be the alternator or something?

Any ideas welcome as the car is becoming an expensive novelty cigarette lighter !!

Thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts