Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been away offshore for my two weeks detox, in that time my evo has been left to sit as my wife for some strange reason prefers to drive her 1.3 Ka :confused: . Now my battery is as flat as fu~k :mad: , not even a light on the dash. Is it just a case of recharge or replace and away i go? Or like some other cars it has some kind of affect?

·
Registered
377 Posts
Depending on how old the battery is, you should be ok to just charge it up and away you go, but you might find that the battery has had it's day (they don't like being totally run down) and you'll have problems with it keeping it's charge.
As for other effects, you'll probably have to change your clock and reset your radio but otherwise it should be fine.

·
Registered
307 Posts
one thing mate, be careful, i left my interier lights on over night and ran down my battery, in turn i had to charge the battery with jump leads now my car is running like crap!

not holding boost etc, so im hopeing my ecutek just lost its map!
air force one will be looking at it this weekend (fingers crossed)

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
The battery is not much good and 2-3 weeks is basically it's limit for not being started in the winter. You onlu get about 2 or 3 recharges or jump starts from totally dead before the battery needs to be replaced. I have had to change my battery twice in the three years I have owned but I suspect that if it was driven daily it would fare better.

·
Registered
377 Posts
I sacked my standard little battery and put a yellow top optima in the boot, don't have any starting issues now :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts