Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
7,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought one of these from Halfrauds for £20, gonna give it a try... Anyone tried it?

Meant to be really good, providing you spray off the big chunks of crud first it leaves the car dry without using a chamois...

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
A friend has just got one, he raved on and on about it, that was three weeks ago. used it once been in the cupboard ever since.
I believe the products to use with it in comparison to others are expensive!!!

·
Registered
9,716 Posts
For cleaning the bathroom floor yes?

I can't believe anybody would use a bathroom cleaner to do the car?

Use a chamois you lazy git :D

·
Registered
7,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cryptwalk said:
Is that the flash?

Doesnt matter what you use Chris, you wont wash off the colour im afraid. :(
True, still atleast I have one to drive :p

·
Registered
10,666 Posts
get on ok with the local guys @ halfords and they did my wife's merc (black) while we were at the store and it really does do the business. never gave it a second glance but it does do what it says .

dave

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
A friend of mine told me that if you subscribe to 'What Car' :eek: you get one of these things for free...

·
Registered
7,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Steve C said:
A friend of mine told me that if you subscribe to 'What Car' :eek: you get one of these things for free...
Just a shame they have to send you the **** magazine each month :lol:

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
tried it last week on a black van - and was quite impressed with the end result.
A few streaks showed, but saved 1/2 hour.
I'll not be using it on my car though ;)

·
Registered
503 Posts
Just used it on mine, came out pretty well, better than I can do it by hand anyway, and in the same amount of time (45 mins).

Worth £20 in my opinion.

·
Super Moderator
7,602 Posts
Cryptwalk said:
Is that the flash?

Doesnt matter what you use Chris, you wont wash off the colour im afraid. :(
Its so he doesnt have to have it on the drive as long ;)

I take it you got back home OK Chris?

Jez

·
Registered
503 Posts
The kit gives you about 3 washes then you need the Auto Dry Deionised Filters for £4.99, but you'll also want to buy the specific Flash Shampoo which is also £4.99, good for around 10 washes.

£20 for the first 3 washes, £10 for the next 10 washes.

I guess it all comes down to how often you wash your car, for me it's usually monthly so I don't mind the cost, and I hate doing it too!!!

This made me laugh (from their website):
Q: What will happen to my old bucket and drying towels?
A: To be honest, the employment outlook for towels is rather grim. Most will end up streaked with oil before being thrown out. But buckets often find new jobs quite easily. Some will work as paint buckets or mop buckets. Most become holders of things.

·
Registered
9,325 Posts
Maxwellb said:
The kit gives you about 3 washes then you need the Auto Dry Deionised Filters for £4.99, but you'll also want to buy the specific Flash Shampoo which is also £4.99, good for around 10 washes.

£20 for the first 3 washes, £10 for the next 10 washes.

I guess it all comes down to how often you wash your car, for me it's usually monthly so I don't mind the cost, and I hate doing it too!!!

This made me laugh (from their website):
Q: What will happen to my old bucket and drying towels?
A: To be honest, the employment outlook for towels is rather grim. Most will end up streaked with oil before being thrown out. But buckets often find new jobs quite easily. Some will work as paint buckets or mop buckets. Most become holders of things.
Good god you can get someone else to clean your car for that much money :eek: I clean mine at least twice a week :) :(

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
Sod the best results i just want the car looking clean and the flash thing does the job :)
More important things to do than spend all day cleaning the car ;)

If the Flash thing isnt good enough..........you need more hobbies :coolsm:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts