Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know that this has been asked many times, but for my own satisfaction :

Doing the following mods to my TME - Will I get flames?

Magnex down pipe an de-cat pipe
Blitz cat back or even a Magnex full system
Either pipercross (they are making one for me!!) or Blitz induction kit
Blitz BOV

................. in a bit ..........

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Bulldog

I got full magnex and amp; blitz BOV and amp; apexi air filter and amp; i get pretty big flames (or so everyone keeps tellin me)
but I think you only need full exhaust fo rthem, not even BOV - mixture is rich enough as it is.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
............. and how happy are you with that setup? do you have good power increase, throttle responce etc...

How would you rate this out of 10?

Sorry for so many questions but I just can't seem to get my head around things. Some say the Blitz is **** but others who have fitted it are very happy with the induction kit, same with the exhaust. I am very very lost.

I do alot of car audio work with Fast Car, Redline and Revs magasine, hence using the contacts (as you do!!) I am trying to get them to do an article on tunning the Evo, testing after market induction kits etc.... Revs said no - wrong clientell (sp?), Steve from FC was out and I have a meeting with Redline on Tuesday anyway so I'll find some way of bringing it up!!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sorry for so many questions

fear not... for my opinions on my mods and amp; why I chose what I chose go see:
http://www.jackals-forge.com/lotus/evo/evo_tuning.html

thers also some links there to some veiws and amp; comparisons on induction kits

basically you must get the exhausr done iwth full decat and amp; downpipe - well worth it mainly for throttle respnose, blipability and noise

I like air filters but i reckon decat and amp; downpipe does most of the work.. I like induction noise as well :)

as for the bov - the noise is great but the car stutters badly when lifting off at high speed. You can drive around it at about 100 but at 120/130 the cars jerking all over the place. Not sure how long I'll have mine on for.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
BuLldOg - you may be interested to read this

I had a full Magnex system fitted last week and that is my findings so far. If you read to the bottom of the thread you will see that I am now experiencing fuel cut-off's which is not only unpleasent but also a bit worrying (still using standard induction - this had all come about by just having the exhaust)so you may want to think carefully.

I'm guessing that because the turbo is different in our TME's to that of the standard GRS's explains why I am having problems and JacKal doesn't (I'm assuming he doesn't anyway!)

On a more positve note though the sound gets better everyday. Tonight I was driving along the local high street and at the far end the road gets pretty narrow and has terraced housing either side - right on top of the road (no room for gardens or anything)

Anyhow there was no one about tonight so I floored it in 2nd and then 3rd. Oh my god the noise was amazing - for a few seconds I thought I was in the Le-Mans 24 hour. I bet a few people chocked on their tea as I blasted by too :D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I wanted flames ,but have a mid silencer box on my mongoose,I have nice pops under load .
perhaps a decat pipe may get me the flames . I know they are there as occasionally i light up the hedge rows at night.Can't see why it can't be had from most after market exausts with a de-cat pipe and filter.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I've got the full magnex,down pipe,decat etc the Blitz induction kit and HKS bov on my 4. Thought I would be getting flames but as yet haven't noticed. Maybe not driving the car hard enough. When are you supposed to be getting flames? I thought it would be when the engine is winding down, eg when de accelerating. Or is it when the engine is at full song and you change up?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Moby...

its when changing up and driving reasonably hard (i.e. teh exhaust gets nice and hot to ignite unburnt fuel)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts