Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How far do you have to tune an VIII FQ300 before you'd get flames out the exhaust on shift?

And what would you have to do?

·
Registered
18,120 Posts
SteveEVO said:
How far do you have to tune an VIII FQ300 before you'd get flames out the exhaust on shift?

And what would you have to do?
Do you have a decat or cat installed?

·
Registered
18,120 Posts
Any device that makes your mixture run rich will give you the same effect, just make sure you do not have a cat fitted.

·
Registered
224 Posts
PhilG said:
d-cat and a dump valve, of be sad like me and get a flamer kit
Ive often wondered about these. Is it possible with a flamer kit to just spit a flame out on demand, say whilst Im driving and some [email protected] is on my back bumper in his nova?

It would be nice if I could just press a button and one flame say 2ft long would fire out, is that do-able?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
"It would be nice if I could just press a button and one flame say 2ft long would fire out, is that do-able?"

Yeah I had a propane fired flamer kit on my BMW M5, with an arm switch and a trigger under the throttle pedal. Arm it, and when you floor it you get an 18 inch gas-red flame out all four pipes!

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
yes, just give it a bit revs either change gear or just push in the clutch. no more nova ;)

PhilG

·
Registered
224 Posts
PhilG said:
yes, just give it a bit revs either change gear or just push in the clutch. no more nova ;)

PhilG
LOL I get a strangely satisfying feeling from giving one swipe of the rear wiper as I hit the loud peddle too, sort of a little wave goodbye, maybe I could combine the two :D

·
Registered
224 Posts
SteveEVO said:
"It would be nice if I could just press a button and one flame say 2ft long would fire out, is that do-able?"

Yeah I had a propane fired flamer kit on my BMW M5, with an arm switch and a trigger under the throttle pedal. Arm it, and when you floor it you get an 18 inch gas-red flame out all four pipes!
Now I like the sound of that :)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
"Now I like the sound of that "

I did look good, especially when that road hog finally gets out the outside lane, and you can blast past them with all four pipes lit!

·
Registered
39 Posts
They're not illegal to fit under construction / use regs.

However using them as described above (i.e. recklessly / irresponsibly) could get you into a whole world of hurt, including motor vehicle in dangerous condition,, wilful damage and goodness knows what else. One for responsible "show use" only, guys.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Since installing the Autronic and running the ALS, i have managed to get massive flame between gears. But then again The anti-lag we are running makes atmosphere at idle, so i expect the turbo will last about another 5 minutes :-D

But i could never go back to not having ALS, its not only good for performance, its great to stand around and toast marshmellows :)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts