Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
a couple of things i need help with:

a) need to replace my wipers. if i go to halfords which blades do i buy? are they the same as the carisma?

b) went to my local dealer today to get my wheels photographed for warranty purposes ( bubbling and flaking) has anyone here had similar problems and what was the outcome? if you could perhaps mail me your name model reg and what service you received then it may be usefull as ammo if they try and argue about it. I am looking for all 4 to be replaced.

mail me on [email protected]

cheers folks

G

·
Discussion Starter #2
I spoke to another evo driver a couple of weeks agao, he had all 4 wheels replaced on warranty with no aparrant problems.
Shame u cant pay the extra and have 18's fitted, or can u???

G

·
Discussion Starter #3
Rob,
I bought the PIA carbon wipers from Co-ordsport, they look at lot better than standard and clean the screen better (see review on there website).

Paul.

G

·
Discussion Starter #4
Rob,

I have had both items replaced recently

1) Wipers - I went for the Bosch wipers from Halfords drivers side is 20 with blade and passenger is 17 no blade... seem to work fine. Rumour is though that OEM items are cheaper... no idea whether they are better tho...

2) Wheels - Had all 4 replaced under warranty after a bit of wrangling (not dealers fault at all) Mitsy wanted to refurbish the wheels but OZ would not let them have the stickers so non starter really so it is definately a warranty job and its a known fault so you should have no problems at all.

Hope that helps

Jevo

G

·
Discussion Starter #5
I have the Bosche jobs too, as Jevo says you just need the measurements as they are universal fit. I do think there is not much difference in price between these and the Mitsubishi OE items though (what other rumours do you know Jevo ;)).

The wheel problem is very common and I know a few people have had them changed under warranty.

G

·
Discussion Starter #7
Just put Bosch wipers on mine and they're satisfactory. Might of seen a 'road test' of wipers in a recent issue of Auto Express the other day, worth a look.
I'm in the process of getting my wheels changed under warrenty at the moment through my dealer. He said it's common, has changed another customers before and doesn't expect a problem. I took more photos and even had the wheels off to show where it initiates on the inside corners of the spokes.
I won't be getting new wheels but mine refurbished, this isn't a problem for me. I won't miss the OZ badges.

G

·
Discussion Starter #8
I put bosch wipers on mine, very good but you should also try 'Screenies' in a can, previously called Holts Mixra. Its a white foam you spray over the screen to remove road film etc and worked a treat.

G

·
Discussion Starter #9
Going slightly off track,
I've tried loads of glass cleaners in the past and they ALL leave smears apart from Autoglym Glass Polish. The Autoglym actually is a polish and not really a cleaner although it does clean as well. I have even managed on previous cars to remove small scratches in the glass with it but you need a hell of a lot of elbow grease!
Try it but you will need to use it several times and rub hard to start off with to get rid of the grime that has built up. Use on the inside of the windsceen too and it should get rid of the grease build up you get when people touch the screen. Ordinary cleaners and sreenwipes end up just moving the grease about and add solvents which also leave smears. Once you get it clean with Autoglym it is easy to keep it that way especially if you use RainX on the outside. In fact if you use RainX you don't need wipers the rain just sheets off over about 30mph.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts