Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
will be fitting a 5 engine into my 4 this week.....
the car will run with a H.K.S. induction kit and a 2.5" stainless downpipe, de-cat pipe and cat back exhaust...

engine has the 5 turbo / inlet and injectors

will this be ok to run on the 4 ecu ??

are there any other changes required for this conversion ?

thanks in advance for replies :coolsm:

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
stripped out most of 4 engine tonight should have 5 in tommorow can i run it on the 4 ecu till i get a 5 ecu....
ps engine has the 5 injectors in it just now (reddy brown)

is all the piping work the same or wil some need extended or increased in size......

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
:coolsm: still have the 4 engine so is it best to strip out injectors or change the whole rail/inlet over ?
I can probably pick up a 5 ecu next week but want it on road soon as then can change ecu :D

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Hi, just popping in :D

Ye, as has been said,

Get a 5 ECU (not a 6, G terminal needs snipped on it) and run 560cc injectors, turbo etc or fit the 4 injectors and run 4 ECU and 5 or 4 turbo.

Also you may find the oil cooler pipes are different from 5 to 4 maybe not :confused: . I cant quite remember the evo scene seems ages ago :D . Certainly the 7 oil cooler pipes are different. If the pipes are the same and you can get the oil cooler from the 5 fit it, as its biggar, biggar still on the 6.

If the pipes are different then its quite simple to swap the oil cooler housing on the engine.
The power steering bracket is different from a 4 to a 7 but from 4 to a 5 I dont know. However the 5 does not have a power steering cooler as its more effiecient so this maybe likely, so grab that and ditch the power steering cooler in a bid to save weight :D .

In summary if available

Fit 5 oil cooler cause its biggar
Fit 5 power steering pump cause it doesnt need a cooler
Make sure you fit an uprated fuel pump too

Steve

1 - 10 of 10 Posts