Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found that the standard Momo wheel on my Tme was to large.I spoke to my dealer and Ralliart and they refused to fit one .I couldnt understand why Ralliart refused as they do this conversion on the Extreme.

I contacted Momo direct and they gave me the Boss No which is (6107) and Extreme in Harlow fitted it for me.They also designed a modification so that the horn works..the indicators however wont cancel but I expected that.
Total cost of the conversion £42.00 Hope this info may be of assistance.:)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ralliart and authorised dealers will not remove the aitbags or fit a wheel with no airbag as they would no longer be covered by their liability insurers, so if you had an accidedent and were killed due to lack of airbag and your reletives made a claim they would have to fork out and the insurers would tell them where to go. (Assuming the claim was successful)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Guys

What mods did they do to get the horn working as my horn does not work but the indicators do ???
So what did I do that was so different from anyone else.

Thorak

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This liability thing is a bummer but does stop many from carrying out what the customer wants. Classic example is Anarchist's steering wheel. Pleased you got it done anyway. You should be able to waive liabilty to get what you want.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Strange why you can't just sign some legal disclaimer with the dealer - I wonder how Extreme cover themselves against someone suing them for putting the steering wheel on??

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Good point okitenik as they usually do stay on if you just pull the steering wheel off

In New Zealand if a car comes into the country with an airbag (blown or ok) then it has to have

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Pretty simple to overcome I suppose...just take out the little light off the back of the instrument cluster!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts