Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need some Eibachs fitted and the suspension laser alligned afterwards.

Any recomendations for me in the SE as don't want a load of muppets doing it. :D

cheers

Toby

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Woz thinking the same but still a fair drive from just o/s Worthing to have some springs installed so was hoping for sumwhere little bit closer?

Not really sure how much work time is involved any ideas? 1/2 day whole day or just couple of hrs???

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
Just springs? Probably only a couple of hours at the most, unless the Evo units are much more complicated than the equivalent VW and Citroen alternatives (both of which I've helped change in the past). Then it's just a sedate drive to the nearest 4 wheel alignment capable place to make sure they are the right geometry.

Dunno anyone more local to you though (I'm not that familiar with the area).

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If i have the alignment done with the standard 17" on and afterwards put 18"'s on will the alignment be out or is it just suspension specific?

·
Registered
11,140 Posts
i can do it for you, should be around 2 hours ish. can get the 4 wheel alignment done by the chaps at the local mitsi dealer afterwards too which is 75+vat IIRC.

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Cheers Rich, can u PM me a price for the fitting.

When is the ealiest u could fit me in ? Hopefully have the springs by early next week or could u supply them too?

cheers

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Laser Equipment..................

Allo

Ive been in a few garages n seen the care that the tech's take with there set up kit..........

Whilst im not speaking for all garages, the ones ive seen are all bent n thrown in the corner !!

Ive been involved with motorsport for years and you just cant beat 4 axle stands and some fishing wire, might seem a bit basic but what cant speak cant lie !!

Ill lay money on most of the cars in the british touring car championship using string to set up.

I work at Motorsport Developments in Milton Keynes, what area u in ?
Can i help ?

Lee Linford
07919 596923

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Re: Laser Equipment..................

Linfo said:
Allo

Ive been in a few garages n seen the care that the tech's take with there set up kit..........

Whilst im not speaking for all garages, the ones ive seen are all bent n thrown in the corner !!

Ive been involved with motorsport for years and you just cant beat 4 axle stands and some fishing wire, might seem a bit basic but what cant speak cant lie !!

Ill lay money on most of the cars in the british touring car championship using string to set up.

I work at Motorsport Developments in Milton Keynes, what area u in ?
Can i help ?

Lee Linford
07919 596923
Lee thats very interesting to know, agree that the physical approagh with the wire wud be of confirmed accuracy as u can't get a bent bit of fishing line but u can an alingnment tool.

Ur a bit far to resolve this but many thanks all the same for the offer but now got it booked in for tomoz with a more local setup.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts