Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i know this gets asked all time but can't see any old posts about it.

Anyway i have a set of brembo with pads,disks,fixing bolts.

do i need anything else b4 fitting (my wheels r 7.5 wide).

thanks

·
Registered
11,140 Posts
you need 17's that clear the Brembo's ;)

you're pretty much stuck with E5 or E6 wheels. Trust me when i say its very hard finding wheels to fit over Brembo's and under the 4's arches nicely. I ended up having to get higher offset wheels and spending a fortune having decent hub-centric wheel spacers made to get them to clear the brakes.

was worth it in the end though ;)

Attachments

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
the wheels i got on at the moment were on a 6 no prob, plus i going pick a set of tommi mak wheels up next week so if i have any probs with current wheels will the mak's fit fine u thinks?????

·
Registered
178 Posts
i got brembo's on my 4 with evo 8 enki wheels

I had the wheels reduced from 8.5j to 8j by my local engineers with a lathe

all they did is machine the back of the wheels. But they were abit tight going on the hubs because the wheels are taperd so i got them to file them.

the only thing you have to do is before you put your nuts on that hold the wheel on insert 2 washers to each nut, you will pick the washers up from any handy store

it sound a pain in the :moon: ....... but its all in a days work

1. go to a tyre place have tyres taken of
2. go to engineering place and get wheels done, pay only £5.00 per wheel though as it only takes half an hour
3. go get some washers
4. go back to tyre place
5. your car looks the ******** with your big brembo's and your evo 8 wheels on a evo 4

·
Registered
178 Posts
oh forgot to tell you iam a tyre fitter and my mates an engineer
and my grandad owns a handy store :crackup: :crackup: :crackup: :crackup: :crackup:

but if your eva in stoke mate come see me and we will sort your problem out :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
yeah, thanks redliner. you still want that cusco under strut thingy?? i will get it sent to you for them disc's if you do.

Just got pick it up from my m8's garage :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts