Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just fitted a Blitz Induction kit on my Evo VI. After fitting I noticed an apparent flaw in the Induction kit as opposed to the standard filter housing. The standard housing seems to fit neatly into a hole on the inside of the wheel arch which I guess stops any splash-back from the wheels. After removing the standard filter there is now a large hole in the inside of the wheel arch which I am scared will expose the induction kit and electrics to spray from the road.

Does anyone have experience of this and if so, is there a solution?

Thanks in advance,

Martin Stirling.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I've fitted an APEXi filter which is similar in design. The hole allows cold air into the filter and engine, as opposed to hot engine-bay air. Mine has been fitted for a few months with no apparent problems with water even in heavy rain. The front end of the car allows so much air into the engine bay that I can't see a problem arrising, in fact the water spray water will exit through the engine bay.
Adrian

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Martin

I have had the Blitz kit fitted and was told by a mechanic looking at my car a few days ago that this gap needs to be filled as water can easily get in through there. Apparantly there should be a plate amongst all the old air filter stuff that will fit in there, but I have not had chance to look through the box of Evo bits I'm building up.

Dave

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes, there is a plate that is rivetted onto the standard air box, but I was hoping to find a solution without having to destroy the original equipment. (So that I can put it back to original spec if need be when I sell it)

I am especially worried as the fuse box sits just next to this hole and I would have thought is vulnerable to water exposure?

Martin.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was just about to arange to get a Blitz system for my VI.
Do all after market systems expose holes as this does?
Doesn't sound very neat if what you describe is true.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have a blitz filter fitted to My E4 ,and have had no problems re water getting in under the wheel arch then into the engine bay.
If the hole is just beside the battery, then you may have the same on the opposite side of bay.
If you have the battery re location kit fitted ,then the gap/hole by the battery will be there to suck in cold air,so I would say that the same principle applies to swopping existing filter for blittz.

cheers

Paul s

1 - 6 of 6 Posts