Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone fitted APEXi mechanical EL boost gauge on their EVO before?! no problem with the 2 wires ie. ground and amp; parking light, but the 2m rubber hose could be too short if i want to loop it out to the firewall via the ECU harness tunnel. is there a readily exit point below the drive compartment, seems to be a shorter path this way. pls don't tell me to drill a hole on the firewall coz' i rather not. next question: where does this hose fits/taps to?! the T-junction and filter comes together... any DIY photos or website to refer to?!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You want to connect the pipe as shown in the photo with a t piece, and make sure you secure each branch with a clip or cable tie as this can cause major problems if it blows off on WOT.

You can feed the pipe through the bulkhead just behind the brake fluid reservoir if you are mounting the gauge on the steering wheel side of the car.

Steve

can't get picture to appear so click HERE

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Got the same gauge fitted to the A-pillar and the hose goes through the hole mentioned above.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks for the pic Steve!! now i know where to tap the line from... but wonder if you've any pic where the hose exit from the bulkhead?! is it a rubber cover (which you poke thru with a sharp object) or need to drill a hole on the firewall?! is it possible for the EGT sensor to passthru this bulkhead as well?!

as for the Trust A-pillar mount (2 x 60mm), anyone has this fitted on their EVOs?! does it replaces the stock A-pillar or just mount ontop of it?! i was told it fits on E4-E6... with the same platform design!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If you have the 2-space version, the grey one...I believe it replaces the whole A-pillar.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yupp, i've got the 2-space unit and it's grey color (same as OE pillar color)... cool stuff!! will just replace 'em then...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My recollection is that there is plenty on slack in one of the existing holes in the bulkhead behind the brake fluid reservoir, and you can quite easily feed the boost hose through without fouling it, and quite a few other cables too. From the inside you can see the hole above the pedals and there is plenty of room to play with.

Steve

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Similar question for evo Vi as there is some insulation in the engine compartment and I can not find any holes
behind the brake fluid reservoir to pass the hose.

Any suggestions will are welcome.

Regards,

Alex.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
YESS, finally installed both APEXi mechanical boost and EGT gauges on the GReddy A-pillar mount (for E4/5/6), direct replacement for the OE pillar *cool* since i couldn't find any bulkhead *???* underneath the driver's compartment (as highlighted by you guys earlier), i decided to run the vacuum hose and cable thru the fuse-box wiring loom exited to the inner fender bay (covered by the water splash piece, gotta remove this and jacked the wheel up a little bit to ease your work) then to the engine bay - no drilling required!! as for the vacuum hose, i routed it thru the small un-used bolt hole (opposite the master cylinder) then to the filter and T-junction supplied (and zip-tied) interconnecting the intake manifold - simple as that!! however, the EGT probe is temporarily zip-tied to the air-cond hose as i've not decided where to drill the hole on the downpipe. in addition, the metal-wrapped cable (probe at the end) supplied seems too short to reach either the exhaust manifold or downpipe... sheez!! may need to extend the cable...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts