Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Regional Organiser
3,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Has anyone fitted one to a VI?

According to the site it is a straight swap for the old rail, I wish this was the case after I changed mine, I went to refit and found that in needed about a 5mm spacer on the underneath of the rail and about a 1-1.5cm spacer on the top side! Also the original return won't bolt back on due to the positioning if the new bolt holes being low down the rail.

Any help with parts needed would be grand :D

Cheers
Scott

·
Premium Member
23,183 Posts
Scott, if it was for the 8/9's then they are different as I had to space mine as the later rails are thinner.

But my return was fine.

Lee

·
Regional Organiser
3,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Scott, if it was for the 8/9's then they are different as I had to space mine as the later rails are thinner.

But my return was fine.

Lee
Ah...not sure mate. Apparently it's for a 4-9 :confused: It's exactly the same as the ones in this LINK

Scott

·
Life after Evo= Elise
15,492 Posts
Did you fit the black spacers back on ? You could put a washer at the bottom of the space to stop it dropping into the recess ,that would give you the 5mm . Why a spacer on top ? is the bolt to long ?

·
Premium Member
23,183 Posts
I had to put a spacer on the top due to my bolts being to long, but the black spacer fitted fine and I just used braided hose for the return so did away with metal pipe.

Lee

·
Regional Organiser
3,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Did you fit the black spacers back on ? You could put a washer at the bottom of the space to stop it dropping into the recess ,that would give you the 5mm . Why a spacer on top ? is the bolt to long ?
Cheers for the help Paul:smthumbup
Yeah I put the black spaces back in but still about a 5mm gap if not more:eek: using the original bolts they are only threaded part way and when i put them back on there was plenty of room still to go on the top side, due to where the fitting holes are the return bracket on the fpr side is angled in such a way that it needs to be high up so would definately need a spacer to get the bolt head high enough to secure it and the return pipe.

I thought someone may have had the same dilemma as me and wondering what they did as a solution.......probably gave up and sold it on to me:crackup:

·
Regional Organiser
3,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
I had to put a spacer on the top due to my bolts being to long, but the black spacer fitted fine and I just used braided hose for the return so did away with metal pipe.

Lee
Thats what i was planning on doing but wasn't sure why there was a gap at the bottom??? maybe i didn't seat the injectors/rail correctly but quite sure i did:eek: Did think about just running a new fuel line across but as said, just wondering what others had done before jumping in to later find there was an easier solution ;) Thanks Lee!

Scott

1 - 9 of 9 Posts