Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You get them on the Jap cars for 112mph - can you fit one on a 340 for 99mph?
The cars fantastic but does have the problem of reaching 3 figures plus - (i've been told!) - on the queens good roads. Bobby and his mates don't like this and frankly who wants to loose there licence end up on a push bike for 6 months!

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
The 180kph restriction is built-in to the stock ECU on all the Evo models. You would need either an add-on that acts as an interpreter for the ECU (like a piggyback upgrade) which would add the speed limit functionality, or a replacement ECU that had a speed limit function available.

Your 340 may actually have its 180kph restriction still active, but the conversion to mph from kph for the UK market has made it a 180mph restriction instead. It depends just how much Mitsi UK do to the cars when they land on our shores before selling them on (Black Knight would probably have all the pertinent info here). Since the stock ECU is not programmable (as far as I am aware) your only real options are a piggyback restrictor, if they exist, or a replacement ECU with speed restriciton functionality, if they exist.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Most GPS devices for cars can provide an over speed warning functionality... this would atleast TELL you that you have crept over the limit, without actually restricting your motor, which wouldnt seem to be the ideal way forward anyway?!

·
Premium Member
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
PyroChris said:
Most GPS devices for cars can provide an over speed warning functionality... this would atleast TELL you that you have crept over the limit, without actually restricting your motor, which wouldnt seem to be the ideal way forward anyway?!
are we talking GPS 'speed detector device' ie a wee alarm rings when you reach (96 in the surreal world)- ehm 30, 40, 60 and 70?

Thought about a great big dirty bit of read tape on the small digits on the very small speedo, but when you pull an overtaking manouver who looks at that instead of the road! (and thats when you see bobby!)

·
Registered
878 Posts
'soon to be FQ300' - soon to understand!
EVOsavage said:
regardless of wot car im currently driving i think my comment was a fair one nonetheless
Like he said get in one of these cars and see how easily you go over 99. and then 110 and then 120 and then ooops. they do it with so much ease and you really dont notice. It felt like i was doing 70 the other day and it was er, well, over a ton. 9on a private road of course) :angel:

How often when your doing them speeds are you watching the speedo, I'd rather be watchin the road.

I suppose i can see where your coming from though. ;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts