Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got an EVC IV boost controller and wondered where the best place to fit it is. The most sensible place I can see for visibility is under the stereo as there is another din gap. Has anyone fitted them anywhere else as a better option?
Steve

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Seen two places - RC Developments have put theirs in place of the digital clock - also once saw one fitted on a Scooby in place of the ash tray - if i remember, i think you can do the same with the Evo but you lose the ash tray facility .

Mine's in the DIN slot - i currently use the ash tray for all the petrol receipts

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Learner, you use your ash tray for keeping your petrol receipts,!
i have to use the box in the centre console /arm rest for mine :) :) :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cheers Learner for the reply.
I used to have mine in the ash tray on my scoob, but you couldn't read the display what so ever unless you bent down. Not much use while driving along. I think I'll end up putting it in the din slot as I don't want to start removing the clock, although it would be an ideal place for it!
Cheers
Steve

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I put mine where the radio can go! In the slot; the EVC remains hidden this way, behind the std. plastic pannel (which gets removed when a radio gets installed). Have a boost gauge to monitor boost.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have found a very good place of mounting 2 Apexi controllers, although this is in an EVO 7. RC Developments fits 1 of these units in the drop down storage drawer, below the hi-fi, I have found that with a few modifications, mainly changing the angle, you can in fact fit both of them in the same compartment. Works well for me

1 - 6 of 6 Posts