Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is it possible to increase boost by using just an al-cheapo fishtank oxygen valve as manual boost controller?! this thingy will be inserted in-between the spliced vacuum hose leading to the wastegate actuator/sensor. is it safe to use?! some says this mod is even better than electronic boost controller since it gives firmer boost (and locked at your desired boost level) compare to flunctuating boost (due to heat generated under the hood thus causing the electronic boost sensor to misbehave), is this true?! i'm still using the stock E4 GSR ECU and do you think raising the boost from factory 0.9bar (sometime reaches 1bar!!) to 1.2bar requires additional fueling ie. APEXi S-AFC?! i'm on low budget, so do you think this mod is workable and healthy for my 4G63?! need advice urgently!! thanks.

S.K. Lee, E4 GSR

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
If you really must do this then it's a lot easier to just alter the restrictor thats already there.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hi heave,

a restrictor?! where is this thing located and how do i alter it?! what you guyz usually do?! i've got a 5-valve fishtank connector which i thought could gimme more combinations of boost settings ie. valve 1-2 open, valve 3-5 closed |EQU| 1.2bar (for example). if all valves remain closed, that should give the stock boost setting ie. 1:1 ratio |EQU| no alteration.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
As rediculous as it sounds....ROFL......bleed valve's , sorry , fishtank valve manual boost controllers http://www.lancerregister.com/graphics/Wilk.gif border|EQU| 0 align|EQU| middle >
will work well. They wont give you the precise control of an eletronic boost controller,
you will of course have the p i s s taken out of you, but it is a good, safe(ish) way of raising boost,
oh, and obiously VERY cheap.

Justin

1 - 4 of 4 Posts