Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just picked this up from the dealer last week, after waiting over 2 months for it to arrive from japan!

It is the first UK Lancer Ralliart and is standard dealer material except for the alloys, which I bought.

I had been looking at an Evolution VIII-260, but I do A LOT of driving and the fuel and servicing would kill me... So we enquired about the Lancer Ralliart which is sold in Europe and the USA as a step below the bottom range Evolution, and asked if there were plans to sell it along side the Equippe and Elegance Lancers.

They said that it wasnt being marketed in the UK as of yet as they are still testing the waters to deterime the target market, but they were being produced in Japan, and obtaining one would be no problem...

The Lancer Ralliart is the saloon version of the Lancer Sport Estate, and has a Momo Steering Wheel, bigger spoiler, vortex generator and 16" alloys which i didnt like.

The front of the car is the same as the standard Lancer except with a silver mesh grille.

The headlights are also black.

The engine is the same as the sport estate and gets to 60mph in around 10 seconds.

Overall, I love the car, and so far I've been to london and back from Mancester on £40 worth of petrol. :) The car cost £11,999.

Colt Car Company's bosses wanted photos of my car, so they are obviously happy with it!

By the way, encase you are wondering, I'm 24, and not a racer - this car is very practical and cheap to run.

I wouldnt worry about the roads being over-run with these... the only way someones gonna get one is if they pester the right person at the right dealer... and believe me, most of them dont know a thing, and at 12 grand and only available brand new, hardly chav obtainable.

And one last thing... I'd never pretend it was an Evo! Doesnt look like one at all front the front anyway.

·
Super Moderator
Jesus built my car
38,883 Posts
Diavlo said:
The car cost £11,999.
Smart deal. They only let you have one cos they don't sell it in the UK. If they did the car would cos about £20k and if you got them to import you one for £12k from Europe you'd find all sorts of illegal stumbling blocks in your way.

·
Premium Member
19,837 Posts
Diavlo said:

Overall, I love the car, and so far I've been to london and back from Mancester on £40 worth of petrol. :) The car cost £11,999.
Did you realise you could have had a very good condition Evo 4 for that sort of money and still had plenty of change left to fund the servicing/petrol?

Andy

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Obviously I was expecting you all to hate it! Of course you would as it resembles from behind the Evolution VIII which would set you back £20K, whereas this can be bought for £12K.

To the person who said I should have gotten an Evo 4... Well.. I had the money for an Evo VIII, and I prefer brand new cars...

I drive 3000 miles a month, and am not too fussed about performance... but obviously I dont like stopping for fuel 3 times on the way to London. I was there to buy a new Mitsubishi Colt to be honest after considering the Evolution VIII a bit 'silly', the Lancer caught my eye as it sat there in the showroom, however I was put off by the 1.6 engine and bland seats.

The dealer recommended the sport saloon which they are planning to introduce to the showrooms should they shift enough Sport Estates. They did say however that when the model is launched in the UK it is likely to be known as 'sport' and not 'ralliart' (its called the ralliart in all other countries, do a google search - comes with a 1.8 engine in germany, a 2.0 engine in japan which is mine, and a 2.4 MIVEC engine in the USA) so the current brand new UK dealer supplied car I have is going to be rare in the UK. It came with ralliart mats and a ralliart numbered badge above the gearstick.

Also, they said they are unlikely to have the big spoiler and vortex generator as standard features on the sport saloon... But the rest of the features of the sport estate would remain such as the momo wheel and seats.

So sorry if you dont like it... I thought it was a good buy at only £2000 more than a standard lancer and the same price as the sport estate.

Only took the one pic so far, I'll take some more tomorrow. Oh and if I didnt buy this car, I would have bought the 1.6 Turbo colt, but the lancer feels a lot safer, sturdier I noticed - the colt was bouncing down the motorway at 70mph.... the lancer is extremely firm.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well, it wasnt the cost that bothered me... I have a good job and an Evolution VIII is within my reach being single at the moment!

But the hassle....

Servicing every 4500 miles? Id be at the dealer EVERY month! I didn't like the look of the fuel economy either, I hate stopping for petrol on long journies.

If you want to blame anyone for me having this car, blame Colt Car Company... They were extremely pleasant and kept me updated about when my car would arrive and delivered a car that I am very happy with, that drives much better than my previous Toyota Avensis.

I'm going to keep this car until boy racers start giving me hassle, at which point I shall get the dealer to take back the wing and vortex generator and it shall look nice and boring like the Equippe model!

·
Premium Member
19,837 Posts
Diavlo said:

To the person who said I should have gotten an Evo 4... Well.. I had the money for an Evo VIII, and I prefer brand new cars...

I drive 3000 miles a month, and am not too fussed about performance... but obviously I dont like stopping for fuel 3 times on the way to London.
I think you should have done a bit more research then...... :D:D:D

Where in the country do you live? I managed to get to London from Manchester/Liverpool on a single tank of petrol every time I made the journey.

Oh and I also did around 86,000 miles in my Evo in 3 1/2 years and the servicing isn't that bad.....

For the grin that an Evo puts on your face every time you drive it, you'll be sorry that you missed out ;)

Andy

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
Diavlo said:
Obviously I was expecting you all to hate it! Of course you would as it resembles from behind the Evolution VIII which would set you back £20K, whereas this can be bought for £12K.
What? In terms of having 3 diamonds on the back and a stupid spoiler (which becomes even more stupid when you're FWD) :confused: :lol:

Surely the whole point of the Evo is that it looks like a Vectra with a stupid kit on but kinda doesn't drive like one. You've got a car that doesn't really look like anything and doesn't drive like anything even remotely good! I would've thought you would lose less money on something there are more of (like a Mundano or Vectra)

Oh yeah, and you paid list price? :eek:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts