Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, i think i have just came into my first problem with the car since i got it :(

Went out to start my car there and nothing happened when i turned the key. The fuel pump is coming on and all the lights on the dash are coming on as normal but when i turn to get the starter going it just clicks. I am assuming that the starter motor has given up the ghost as all the lecky windows, air con, clock and everything i could try that required power worked so i am assuming its not the battery.

Any ideas?

Scott :p

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Spot on guys, as far as i can tell it was actually the battery. Must take one hell of a lot of power to turn that starter motor as everything else was working great. I bump started the car. My mate wanted a shot so i let him loose, he stalled it but it started, just. I ran it about 30 miles and tried to start it again and it went no problem.

Oh well if anyone else has this problem they can look here. Regardless of how much power you think your battery has still have it checked out if the starter motor is dead.

Thanks again!!!!

Scotster :p

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok, turns out it is the starter motor after all lol. Once i bump started the car the starter motor worked as my mate stalled it but now it is barely managing to start the car and is making a terrible noise when it starts. I am assuming it was jammed and when i bump started it it became free. Now its on its last legs though so i'll have to order a new one.

Cheers

Scotster :p

1 - 5 of 5 Posts