Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
IX MR is a USDM variant......specs were released today at the NY Auto Show. Bit of a disappointment really. No S-AYC, no new rear bumper/diffuser, no auto climate controls, no mag turbo option.....on the bright side it does cost $36k though (18k sterling before US taxes) so it's not all bad.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Yes, maybe.

What are the pros and cons of S-AYC for a daily driver (versus a track car) ? I thought it might be a nice safety feature in sh**ty weather and we certainly get a lot of snow here in Upstate NY. I've heard a lot of negative comments though, so what gives?

·
Registered
18,120 Posts
MTMS4 said:
IX MR is a USDM variant......specs were released today at the NY Auto Show. Bit of a disappointment really. No S-AYC, no new rear bumper/diffuser, no auto climate controls, no mag turbo option.....on the bright side it does cost $36k though (18k sterling before US taxes) so it's not all bad.
Hmm so what improvements does the USDM IX MR have over the VIII MR - and why do Mitsubishi US continue to release a product that is completely different from the JDM/European market?

Regards,

Mark

·
Registered
405 Posts
Kyl3cook said:
people see the AYC as being BADDD! because it mean that it's not purely the driver doing the stuff. It makes an ordinary driver look amazing.
I'd go one further and say on top of that that if you are an enthusiastic driver, you want to waggle your tail around a bit in roundabouts and with SAYC the tail stays tucked in until youre doing twice the speed you should be and the only way to go sideways is into a hedge at 100+

·
Registered
18,120 Posts
FQ400-#018 said:
I'd go one further and say on top of that that if you are an enthusiastic driver, you want to waggle your tail around a bit in roundabouts and with SAYC the tail stays tucked in until youre doing twice the speed you should be and the only way to go sideways is into a hedge at 100+
Try putting it in snow setting. ;)

·
Registered
44 Posts
MMNA are having a real hard time of it at the moment and there have been many rumours flying around recently of them pulling out of the US or selling their operations (Wall Street Journal). There's a good chance they might go tits-up in the US in the not-too-distant future.

However, that doesn't really answer the question as to why they keep bringing a diluted version of the Evo to the US and charging top dollar for it......and by top dollar I mean in comparison to other US manufacturer's cars. For example the VIII MR costs around $4k more than the STi and it's missing a lot of the JDM bits & pieces. The US spec IX looks to consist of a few cosmetic changes, plus MIVEC.....it's not all that different from the VIII variants.

I also think that in the US, the Evo is becoming somewhat of a Chav-mobile, simply becase of the pre-existing DSM tuner scene (Eclipse, Eagle Talon etc.). Many Evos are used and abused at the local drag strips, and then they expect Mitsu to honour warranty claims for bust clutches and tranfer cases etc. etc.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.