Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok after many months of waiting and deliberating on the final spec my rebuilt 20g hybrid turbo has arrived :)...now i just need to fix the gearbox and bolt this baby on and things should start to move quite nicely....until i break something else :eek:

Spec is...

Fully rebuilt Evo3 unit fitted with 20g comp wheel, 10deg backcut exh wheel, enlarged wastegate and fully race ported by the reputed to be best in the business with Mitsu turbos..
Mr Steve Murch in NZ...cant wait to get it bolted on and run in and hit some boost! :D :) :D

Ian

Attachments

·
Premium Member
16,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
evo400 said:
10 degree cut back ? will it ever spool up ? that is a real big cut back . what comp are you using ?

dave
Who knows Dave, but if you had bothered to reply to my numerous pms etc about doing a turbo for me maybe i would be in a different position right now eh?

The guy who has done the turbo is very well respected down in NZ so i have trusted his knowledge and advice, only time will tell i suppose....watch this space :)

Thanks Chunky i am trying :D

Cheers
Ian

·
Premium Member
16,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
This is a graph of E2 in NZ fitted with a uprated TD05 turbo..fitted with bigger TD06 cover, 25g compressor and backup exhaust wheel....spool up doesnt look to bad from torque curve ( correct me if im wrong ?) and mine should be a lot better as its got the smaller TD05 cover and smaller compressor...i hope :)... still the engine in the car below is stock internally and producing 300hp at the hubs!!! making good power and torque as you can see...very impressive work and tuning by Andre @ Speedtech :)

Cheers
Ian

Attachments

·
Registered
10,666 Posts
with a 10 degreee clip youwill never get that spooled up . take it you are using a mach iv stainless high flow housing ? please say yes ! if not i think you will find it has issuses . you never asked for a turbo . but i have just finished a evo 2 running a gt 30 4" ported shroud @ 2 bar piper cams etc etc . i also see you are still running a maf . whats that all about ? you not on gems or a mappable ecu ? if you do get in trouble let me know and i do have a turbo you can try focin exchange for some dyno plots .

dave

·
Premium Member
16,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Ok will lt you know how i get on, i will be very suprised if its doesnt spool up though as this guy does all lot of the race turbos down in NZ and quite a few worldwide and is well respected etc, but you never know.
I am using a modified TD05 housing with englarged and ported wastegate, this should be enough to prevent boost creep but i may have to fit an external or a mach IV housing if it doesnt...a case of suck it and see really.
Have you got any plots of the 2 bar gt30 car youve done would be interesting to see ?
I am still running a Maf as im still running a stock ( gizzmo chipped) ecu with and SAFC, while i deciede on which ECU to go for, probably Gems i would think but need to free off the cash first. The MAF will be fine upto 400hp which is my target for now :)

Thanks for the offer on Turbo i may well take you up on it yet :)

Cheers
Ian

ps. I have asked you 3 or 4 times about turbos for my car, and or specs of what you can offer etc with not one reply :(

1 - 20 of 56 Posts