Lancer Register Forum banner

finally.... pics of tully-o's (wip) EVO7 french blue

44034 Views 191 Replies 50 Participants Last post by  Enda
Ok so being bored and not much new pics on here to look at, thought id share a few of mine.
Since my MR was written off sept last year, i bought this replacement as tbh i fell in love with it at first sight :lol:
Allways fancied a high power one so bit the bullet and took the plunge.

Now the car needed a little TLC cosmetic wise, especially being a ocd kinda guy lol, swirls,chips,horrible cond lights (front and back) grotty wheels, etc etc. The list could go on and on in the eyes of a fettler lol.
So the main selling point was the solid chasis with nooo rot to rear rails etc, freshly built 2.3 MG auto's stroker engine and the nice power she's running.
So with under the bonnet generally being the dearest part to achieve i figured it would leave a tad to refresh it to former glory.

Now a couple folk thought i was a little mad going as far as i did with it, but if its worth doing, its worth doing right :smthumbup

First up..... Full respray:eek:

Comments welcome and lots more to come as im nearing the end now
:)

Attachments

See less See more
21 - 40 of 192 Posts
Nice thread iv seen this car in bits more times than its been in one piece, always was destined for big things, glad you gave it a refresh as last time i saw it was looking scabby
Like this car French blue Severns are where it's at. :smthumbup

What is the full spec now? And any more plans?
Thanks lee.
Its deffo been a fun winter project lol, full spec can be seen in 'my car' bud.
You know how it is with these things, never endind really:lol:
Couple little bits niggling me but thats just me haha.
Wouldnt mind another cage at somepoint, but really happy with how she stands now so looking forward to some summer fun in it, putting MG's hardwork to good use. Real credit to them, she runs awsome.
Real good fun to drive :mhihi:
Looks good mate. Always loved this car since i first seen it in Redline magazine.
Reactions: 1
No problem for the help squire :smthumbup it was worth it for a shotgun roadtest :)
Reactions: 1
Nice thread iv seen this car in bits more times than its been in one piece, always was destined for big things, glad you gave it a refresh as last time i saw it was looking scabby
:lol: cheers craig.. Yeh it wasnt totally ****d, just sat ther looking a tad sorry for itsen, ex mag featured car just been neglected cosmetically, and in need of a good new home to bring her back to former glory. Especially having a brand new build less than 2k miles ago. Once the research on the cars history was done, tracing its steps as to who did what, and a good few fonecalls to MG's with a huuuge list of questions and quereys, my mind was set to give her a good home, after MADMAT filled me with confidence on the mechanical side :)
And im more than glad i whent with my love at first sight story :crackup:

One of the only few things remaining to do now is let you work youre magic and have a lil reunite do.:smthumbup
Looks good mate. Always loved this car since i first seen it in Redline magazine.
Cheers joe... Even came with the issue ;)

Attachments

See less See more
It even pops up on the japfest advert banner at the top of the screen on here now and then :D
You coming to time attack at Croft next Sunday?
You coming to time attack at Croft next Sunday?
Is it not saturday dave??
I thought it was, im not totally sure as get back from the lakes fri but notsure on time.
Would love to go tho, lil lad would love it too :smthumbup
Thanks to matt3087 for selling up at the right time and selling me his AMS plug. Cover, clear cam cover, and tein strutbrace :mhihi::smthumbup
Bobbed them on wiith a wee under bonnet fettle at same time.
Just want the rocker repainting now.

Attachments

See less See more
Do you know i saw it on the japfest banner on facebook, shared it to gus asked isnt this your old car and some puddin put no its not! Now im no scientist but i could see it was!!!!!! I mean we built it and theres no other french blue 7 with a 9 roof!!!

Yep when your ready pal be like havin a old friend come back, a credit to you after our foreign friends owned it
Reactions: 2
Who is doing your bodywork dude? I need some painting done
Who is doing your bodywork dude? I need some painting done
J&T autobody in honley mate.
Good at what they do. Our lass cousin part owns it and her bro works ther too so very handy ;)
Drop us a txt if you want ther number m8. Al put a word in for ya :smthumbup
Cheers joe... Even came with the issue ;)
Was gutted when i saw it for sale just after i bought mine! Will hopefully see you/it around when mines back up and running and i can get to some meets.
About time you got some pics up ! Looking good under bonnet with all them shiney parts I sold you :lol:
Looks absolutely spot on mate :D been waiting for ages to see some pictures of it :smthumbup
Looking mint mate!

Glad to see your doing a proper job of it!
Was gutted when i saw it for sale just after i bought mine! Will hopefully see you/it around when mines back up and running and i can get to some meets.
Deffo joe!.. Yeh it fell at th right time for me. Was baldy82 that put me onto this the day after my MR got smashed up lol.

About time you got some pics up ! Looking good under bonnet with all them shiney parts I sold you :lol:
Cheers mate. Was only other day you got me thinking about starting this thread as u said i aint put any pics up yet.

Looks absolutely spot on mate :D been waiting for ages to see some pictures of it :smthumbup
Thanks pal. Gotta love a frenchy eh ;) hope yours sorted now?! Be good to meet up and convoy to some meets.

Looking mint mate!

Glad to see your doing a proper job of it!
Cheers fella... You know if youre gonna do it once do it right
:smthumbup
Couple of shots of how it stands now. Sorry ther not the best as ther fone snaps, will be getting some proper jobbies this year :)

Thanks for all the kind words folks :smthumbup
I honestly believe she looks looooads better now than when she was featured... Think shes happy again now ;)

Attachments

See less See more
21 - 40 of 192 Posts