Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well finally after just over a month I got my car back, after giving it a slight prang on christmas eve its back,its cost just shy of £5000 through the insurance but god im glad to get shut of my fiesta courtesy car...spent this mornin puttin on the new front spoiler too..

New photos are a bit hazy, took with my phone..:smthumbup

·
Registered
26,575 Posts
i tell you something the company that have done the works if they have charged the insurance company 5k to do that they are con artists. but i know it's nice to get your car back

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i tell you something the company that have done the works if they have charged the insurance company 5k to do that they are con artists. but i know it's nice to get your car back
I spoke to the bloke who owns the garage and he said that only about £900 of it is for labour the rest is for parts, the price was £4000 and a couple of quid plus vat,, in fairness, their work is second to none and I get three years cover on it too..

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Looks a nice job.:thumbup:

You must remember that paint is expensive too (if they have used a decent water based paint,with good lacquer)

Primer/materials+ paint bonnet,wing,bumper,blend door etc.....lacquer is silly money too.
Yes, they used water based paint and a two coat lacquer and all baked in the oven, these pics dont really do the paint work justice but it truly is a good as new job.

·
Registered
26,575 Posts
I spoke to the bloke who owns the garage and he said that only about £900 of it is for labour the rest is for parts, the price was £4000 and a couple of quid plus vat,, in fairness, their work is second to none and I get three years cover on it too..
mate I done near on the exact damage but a bit more :handsup: and the cost was alot less the only thing i can see more expensive is the paint but who cares you have your car back

·
Registered
12,391 Posts
mate I done near on the exact damage but a bit more :handsup: and the cost was alot less the only thing i can see more expensive is the paint but who cares you have your car back
id say about 5k for a proper job. bonnet wing and front bumper unit is a few quid from mitzi

1 - 8 of 8 Posts