Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Did a test fitment to my fiberglass doors, thought it might be interesting for other who consider these.
Its a set a bought from Fast Apex a few months ago, and only now had time to fit (I think it is LTS who sells them now?).
In the pictures you can see the fitment of the front right door. Overall its very good. Dont be concerned with the gap to the front wing, I rolled the front wing so much that it got positioned a little further from the door :D
Only "issue" I can see with the doors is that they need a brace to stop the top of the frame from being bent out at high speeds.
BTW, the doors come with an internal carbon cover, it is not fitted yet in the pictures.
Ask me if you need any more data.

Edited to say: as part of the fitting I add a side bar to the cage (you can see it in the pictures). I would not advice to anyone to fit these doors without a weld in cage and high door bars.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Looks awesome that. Love the cage! which one is it?
Started as a GrpN Sparco cage but has been modified. Had to make it possible to use the standard seat belts (so the car can be road legal). Also modified the way the cage attaches to the front suspension monuts to make it more rigid. And now, as you can see in the pics I added a side bar on the driver side.

·
Keep er lit!
4,203 Posts
Looking good, is it a sprint car your building?

·
Keep er lit!
4,203 Posts
Nice toy to have:coolsm:

·
Registered
5,116 Posts
Looking good, if you fit the OEM door seal this will help with fit and internal road noise :smthumbup
Door top should be OK at speed as we have cars running 150mph plus already without any issues.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Hi
Also modified the way the cage attaches to the front suspension monuts to make it more rigid. And now, as you can see in the pics I added a side bar on the driver side.
I have same too and those doors would certainly help reduce the O/A weight. Unfortunately I can't run them :cry:
Looks like the fit is excellent as expected.
Great looking car in progress mate !

Thing that impresses me most is not nessesarily the doors but the mod you have added with side intrusion. :smthumbup :smthumbup

Never have to much protection in that area.

·
Banned
4,729 Posts
Very nice:smthumbup they do fit better now as Robin said. We have fitted pics on our thread.

Del can you not run 3 of them keeping your OE drivers door?

·
Registered
444 Posts
Hi

Very nice:smthumbup they do fit better now as Robin said. We have fitted pics on our thread.

Del can you not run 3 of them keeping your OE drivers door?
Sorry to say Nope ! :cry:
Vehicle's body must remain all std as factory, inc all hanging panels inc door trims. Can't even use lexan windows.
Only allowed to roll wheel arch lips up :rolleyes: Can't even run cage to rear towers, or run strut brace at rear.

May look at some of these doors later and enter the car in another class between events.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts