Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gave my mum and sister a lift up to the airport this morning.

On the way up a lorry going by flicked up a stone and chipped the windscreen, then on the way down it happened again.

2 chips in one trip thats more than Ive had in the whole time Ive been driving. Waiting for autoglass to see of ot can be fixed, think one of thems gona be a no go. :(

·
Registered
9,312 Posts
yeah i hate them for this. i followed a truck down the A12 in my FTO years back. he had no cover on his load and a dirty fat lump rolled off the back, bounced and totalled my screen

followed him to his council depot. spoke to his line manager "no problem we'll cover that drive should have had a cover on"

6 weeks later Zurich say "no we wont pay the driver had a cover on"

lies lies lies.

i knew i should have taken a pic!

·
Registered
10,968 Posts
To be fair Jason, if a stone flicked up off the road, that's just bad luck. Nothing HGV drivers can do about that

·
Registered
211 Posts
man hard one to swallow dude, i got 3 driving back from dunfermline in one day... put the lottery on and still working :(

·
Registered
6,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
To be fair Jason, if a stone flicked up off the road, that's just bad luck. Nothing HGV drivers can do about that
lol agreed mate.:smthumbup just a pain in the backside

·
Registered
211 Posts
if its cracked onside and out its a gonner, also if theyre 2 chips 2inches together they dont do it either

·
Registered
6,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
there coming down the morrow to have a look at it.

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
could be worse, could have had one chip, got it repaired then it happens again
Still a $h!tter though

·
Registered
9,312 Posts
no but an inscure load like i experienced SHOULD have been paid out.

yet it wasnt as their insurers/brokers told them to tell total lies about the missing tarpaulin that the lazy butt muncher driver couldnt be bothered to put over cos he was short on time for his tea break :wallbang:

im talking of a rock the size of a fist Kosta. it also hit my rear spoiler and chipped the paint. it probably hit the car behind as well!

stones up off the road fine. loose load uh-uh, dont agree, should be paid IMO.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts