Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

Just wondering, what's the fastest EVO that you have seen or have read about? The fastest that I've read about (in a HOT4s mag) is a heavily modified EVOIV. They didn't specify how much horsepower...but they said it ran a 10.84 down the 1/4 mile in 35 degree heat! Obviously it has run faster in cooler weather. I'd guess it's around 600HP at the engine!? This was a car in Japan which was modified by HKS Kansai. For anyone who is reading this from Japan, or anywhere else, do EVOs get much faster than this? Also, in Japan...are the EVOs more popular than the SUBARUs? I've heard that they are, but it seems that there are a lot more aftermarket parts for SUBARU as oppose to the EVOs? Anyone from Japan here?? I know that the most popular cars in Japan are the skylines and supras...just wondering how the EVOs rank in the land of the rising sun?

Cheers.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hi there...I have seen the HKS Kansai service on a few mags. I'm not too sure about power but I think the max for Evos is around 500-600. Here in Japan you see loads of sport cars period!! For example yesterday I saw 4 Evo 7s in about 2 hours on the road..I think it was just coincidence. I think there are slightly more Subarus around than Evos, but I have noticed that the ugly new Impreza Sti does not sell very well...I have only seen 20-25 sice it was released!! The older Skylines and Surpas are a pretty common sight, although the newer models like the R34 are a rear sight. Majority are all tuned in some way...aftermarket parts over here sell damn well!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Have a friend in Trinadad has a best time of 10.5something in a HEAVILY! modified E6.

Ported, rods, pistons, race gas, clutch, close ratio, ECU, muffler, induction, filter... No dyno so HP is unknown.

Interestingly enough he has achieved this using a clipped stock turbo and manifold.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The most powerful Evo I have heard of is JUN's, producing between 650 and 700 bhp. I have not seen dyno charts and don'n know any times.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey Kinetiko!

So you're from Japan eh? cool, nice meeting you. I've always wanted to know what the Japan car seen is from a person who actually lives in Japan. Hmm...so the subarus are actually slightly more popular than the EVOs yeh? Just outta interest, what kinda car do u drive? I'm guessing it's an EVO since you read this message board? I know that the skylines and supras are the most popular...I've also noticed that there aren't many R34s driving around? Why's that? Oh btw: I don't like in Japan, I'm in Australia actually
Are R34s too expensive? Have you done many mods. to your car? I'm very interested in Japan and the whole 'car scene' - wicked! Hope to go there for a holiday sometime.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts