Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Premium Member
22,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To keep it off the other thread :lol:

Yep that's true I do all field work work hardly no road work. What you pulling behind it mate
Mainly tankers, but as my evo is now a 10 and cant have a towbar, the 3185 is also my works vehicle, ie my van, car trailer puller etc :lol:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,252 Posts
Couple of questions stu.

How big is the engine lol, engine size of the merc tractor also, and hp figures :D

Are tractors exempt from paying roadtax?

·
Premium Member
22,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Couple of questions stu.

How big is the engine lol, engine size of the merc tractor also, and hp figures :D

Are tractors exempt from paying roadtax?
:lol:

2135 is a 6.0L 6 cylinder Perkins 148HP
3155 is a 6.0L 6 cylinder Perkins 155HP (sold that years ago but owned it from new)
3185 is a 5.9L 6 cylinder 185HP Cummins
Merc MB1500 is a 5.7 cylinder Merc engine was running just under 200hp

yep, my evo's got more hp than any 2 added together :lol:

Agricultural tractors are exempt from road tax and MOT :smthumbup

Stu

·
Premium Member
22,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Pfffft these farmers make too much money :lol:

(Jokes)

I only own the 2135 and 3185 now, and they were old machines when I bought them.

New they were the price of a small house each :eek:

The Merc was rare and became very collectable, I sold it in august just gone and made good money on it after owning it for about 10 years, if I'd waited another 6 months, i'd probably have got 10% more for it :wallbang: Brexit boosted the export market and s/hand priced have shot up

Stu

·
Premium Member
22,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

2135 is a 6.0L 6 cylinder Perkins 148HP 457.3 lb-ft
3155 is a 6.0L 6 cylinder Perkins 155HP 444.0 lb-ft (sold that years ago but owned it from new)
3185 is a 5.9L 6 cylinder Cummins 185HP 553.2 lb-ft
Merc MB1500 is a 5.7 cylinder Merc engine 150 hp 361.4 lb-ft was boosted to just under 200hp 470 lb-ft

yep, my evo's got more hp than any 2 added together :lol:

Agricultural tractors are exempt from road tax and MOT :smthumbup

Stu
edited with torque, writing the numbers down got me curious

·
Premium Member
22,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Merc will outlast JCB no problem
Yep, and the merc will always be repairable too, simple, basic, and many parts, if you cant buy them, you can make them

It has been local from new, I remember it new when I was a kid, and sold it locally to a lad who has stripped all the panels off and restored it. Will be worth a lot of money when he has finished

Thing is actually working on the road, pulling big weight, the merc is dated, it may do 40mph but it take a brave man. The Fastrac is a far safer machine for agricultural work on the road, hence why they replaced the merc

Stu

·
Premium Member
22,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Very intresting, thanks. i like technical data stuff.

Any idea on the oil capacity? Im guessing 12 litres "engine oil"
Fastracs:

engine 17L
Hydraulic 82L
gear oil 34L
transmission 38L

all give or take

seem to remember a full dealer service cost over £1k :eek:

Stu

·
Premium Member
22,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Im sure their will be a 225 calibration for that Cummins!
this one is untouched in that way, revs were opened up for extra speed before I owned it, but its back to standard now. They do commonly boost them a little, but its the back axle thats the limiting factor so I'm told

Stu

·
Premium Member
22,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
im guessing they need doing at least once a year?
supposidly, but I do very little hours in them, especially while I have 2, i can only drive 1 at a time :lol: so dont do it that often

Also the major services are every 1000 working hours, intermediates (every 250 working hours) are just engine oil and filters

Stu

·
Premium Member
22,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Or a 160 cal for fuel save ?
no idea, agri red diesel, dont really think about fuel. Pulling wieght, lucky to get 8 mpg, prob more like 5

The 3185 is my toy, pride and joy thing, i wanted it for years, took me 4 years to get the last owner to sell it

the 2135 will be sold next year, and i'll only have that 3185 then

Stu

·
Premium Member
22,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
You having to run adblue yet?
nope, new machines do now, 1 of the reasons ive set myself up with older machines. complicated but not too complicated, no adblue, and not crazy money to buy. Also no abs, its getting to the point where if its not already happened, soon if the tractor is abs equipped, so will the trailer have to be, eliminates all but the newest trailers

From what I hear, a lot of farmers delete the adblue anyway, but in honesty I dont know anything about it

Stu

1 - 20 of 77 Posts