Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, that's it, the 6 has gone(enjoy it Rich). Fantastic fun and fond memories. Have just been and got a sparkling blue Westfield, arriving next week. First time I've been on a test drive and doughnutted deliberately!

Looking forward to trackdays next year especially MLR ones.

Thanx to all who gave me and the wife friendly welcomes this year, it was great fun!!!!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Yorkie,

Join the club, my Makinen has been gone a few weeks now. Still looking for a decent track car to thrash next year.

Miss the Evo dearly, but everywhere I go it is heavy traffic, queues and congestion. Makes you realise how little you could actually use the Evo other than on trackdays.

Never got done for speeding in the Evo but have got done by cameras twice in 2 weeks in my Diesel auto!

Life is not too bad driving a 5 speed auto!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hunty,

All I seem to see are silver Evo's now it's gone! Saw three today on the way to York, every insurance add has a picture of one aarrrgh. Anyway, I had lined up an Integrale and got very good quotes for tuning and brakes etc and was really struggling to find an alternative. Went with my mate to a Porsche dealers to drop his in for servicing when I spotted the Westfield in the showroom. Went back this morning with the missus for a test drive, it's only done 1800 miles and is currently 160bhp. I think it was probably the sound of it which finally got me hooked and helped me overlook the frostbite. Certainly a totally different experience to the Evo, great fun flicking the back end out. Also like the idea of a set of tyres for the price of one Evo Yoko.

So what are you considering to replace your Mak with?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yorkie

Either a Caterham or an old track car like the Vectra V6 challenge car that kept popping up at various track events this year.

What engine has your westie got?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's got the 1800 Ford Zetec with the odd little tasty addition, currently tuned to 160bhp and 178lb/ft of torque. Why not go for that 6R4 at £20K in Topmarques, ah go on, that Vectra did look interesting though. Let me know what you go for so I can let you past!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts