Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For the last six months I have tried my best to post good quality information based on my experiences of fiddling with nearly every aspect of the EVO. This forum has had it's ups and downs, but has definitely deteriorated from being a bunch of friendly enthusiasts to a bunch of people comparing parts of their anatomy with their EVOs as measuring devices.

Wednesday at Oulton park is a great example of this - how a social get-together before xmas turns into EVO Challenge 2001 I don't know. There are no prizes children, and nothing to win or lose. I have personally tuned my car to give ME pleasure on trackdays. I really couldn't give two craps who's car is quickest, as long as I am having fun in mine and it is working correctly (neither of which was the case on Wednesday). Does it really matter who's car has the most power, who's is the quickest, who is the best driver? No, it doesn't - well not to me anyway. In only matters to me whether my performance is improving over my last outing - which I leave my instructor to decide.

As many people have said in the past, you don't need to post here or read the posts, and in future I won't be. I have too many other things in life to get on with, and as my car is about finished, I won't have anything new to say anyway.

I have met some good individuals on this forum, and will keep in touch with them.

Wish you all a good xmas, and new year, and good luck with your cars.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Blade,

as a new Evo owner I ofton read your posts with interest but rarely comment, because in all honesty I don`t have your knoledge or understandig of the whole tunning thing. I am sure, as other people will basically say the same thing it`ll be a loss to the board.

Reconsider old lad.

Regards.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Blade, can't comment on the pre-xmas thingy turning into a max power whose is the fastest extravaganza as i didn't go (although wish i'd been there). I'm not sure i see the forum deteriorating into that trap either. For sure there's been some banter but perhaps being up near the top of the evolution mod pack you've seen more than i have.

Personally I've always thought your posts balanced and informed and you've never come across as big headed about what you've done and if you want me to have your children i will (only if i get to drive your car first).

Don't get all bitter and twisted on us, or we'll think that you've been consorting with Michealk too much ;).

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
come to some of the mimms/boxhill meets, nothing but good fun, friendly people with no attitude problems (we all know simon has the fastest so we dont compete:))

have a good christmas

lee

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
oof, having now read to the bottom of the outlton park thread i can see what you mean :(

not much christmas spirit in evidence there.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Blade I really don't think that the majority of us on this forum are actually like that (at least I hope not), but you are right about our cars just being for us to drive, that's what really matters. It would be our loss if you left, so don't!

Anyway have a Happy Christmas, hope to see you again in the new year.

R

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
can only second what mr clause has to say. As a largely standard evo owner and the one with the least power at the most recent RR day. I find it fascinating what you and others are willing to spend to improve their cars and their understanding of them. Your attitude is spot on and your advice always sensible and impartial to which route should be taken to a final goal. Obviously there will always be a testosterone thing happening thats why such things as men and motors exist. We all chose evo's firstly on their appearance and reputation. and lets face it we all feel good when people look and comment. I think mostly the stuff I have read or have been involved in is simply wind up stuff all meant and taken in very good humour...so ignore the people who only have tunnel vision for one tuner or route and defend it to death and stay.

perhaps we can put you up for moderator so you can wipe the offending stuff.

PS My car is slower than yours..and yours..and yours...oh and yours

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
bLADE
you should expect comparison with your car as it has been hyped somewhat
but if it didnt go to plan,hey so what !
the only thing you have said that i disagree with is the faster than any road legal car
perhaps now you have second thaughts
but in any event,i fail to understand why other peoples comments seem to matter to people
people are ****,as a rule !
so dont go all mardy,lots of people follow the development of your car very keenly
have a good christmas,and return with a thicker skin

oh,one more thing
dont worry about the tuners issue
(so much bullshit !)
i will personally blow that subject out of the water for good when i sell my evo,of that you can be sure !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
watch this space

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Blade,

It's a shame you feel like that - but I understand entirely what you mean. It's a sometimes similar experience for me.

Everyone expects you to turn up on track and obliterate everything - which as you say is totally missing the point. If/when you don't, the doubters/knockers come out - and there always seem to be plenty of them. Feeble minds the lot of them.

I hope to see you at future trackdays, if not the Alconbury event - if you are still attending?

Cheers

Craig

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Blade

Don't let all this get you down - I can't believe the hype either - those doing the measuring don't know which end to start!

Times were that this board was a great source of info - it's now become a real pain.

I for one hope that you stay in touch with developments on your car, have a good Xmas, chill out and reconsider!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Blade,
I noticed your webpage is down too. Do you plan on keeping it offline?
Also this page http://www.constantvibe.com/evo/tony that also had some pics of your car is down as well.

Do you still have the list of the mods done to your evo6 thats was on your webpage that you could post or e-mail? Or anyone else for that matter. Always enjoyed reading your posts on the forum.

Thanks! Enjoy the holidays!
[email protected]

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Blade,
I can only agree with what everyone else has said.
Why let a few people spoil it for the rest of us.
It would be a shame to see you go as you are an example of what people can get out of their Evo's

I have a feeling that you'll be back. And as Lee says, head along to one of the South Mimms meets and have a good laugh with the rest of us.

Andy

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Blade,it appears you are sulking why,as you say it is not important who has the fastest car,and Im sure you would be just as happy if yours was the slowest.I take offence at your comments and if anybody needs to grow up I think its you.You call us children who see our cars as penis extensions who the #### are you to say that .You have posted many times how superior your car is ,how fast it is,your lap times,how many cars you have overtaken ,yet you say you dont give a crap who's car is the quickest,do you really expect us to believe that,come on Blade just be honest you will feel better for it.It seems from the comments everyone had a really enjoyable day at Oulton Park accept for you ,and that whinger simon .Dont ever patronize me again and remember fantasies dont always come true.thats life.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Seems like this threads going the same way...

Opinions are like arseholes. Everybody has one... If you don't agree, can it. If you do, post it.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
u vil doo as vee say ????
you are asking for trouble with this,
so i can only post if i agree ????????????
sir,wake up !

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Sorry, but gotta agree with Mouton.

Goes back to freedom of speech topics again. If you don't like it say so, if you do like it say so.

Don't mean anyone's gotta agree!

Internet; brilliant idea, peeps can have a voice about whatever they want. just don't take it too seriously

Andy

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I think you lot are all gettin a bit touchy in your old age,you lot gotta chill out and appreciate the finer things in life.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts