Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Justin,
I'm after something in the disc and pad range to replace the OEM parts that isn't too OTT (AP is too much for me atm), what can you get and how much, considering just putting OEM parts back on for a cheep fix till I can afford something better, is there anything else out there worth looking at? may consider something drilled for the front if the price is right.

and while we are at it how are you on down pipes and turbo elbow, I'm after a 3 down pipe to go with my Nur spec-R (which still needs fitting)

Drop me a line

Ta
Ryan

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
and amp;gt;what can you get and how much, considering just putting OEM parts back on for a
and amp;gt; cheep fix till I can afford something better

cheap fix is exactly what ive done after warping 2 sets of expensive discs last year;
I can get some plain (which I think are best) replacement discs for £69.95 each (plus vat and amp;del)
and these seem to last as long as the rest ! I tend to stick with the Brembo pads as they
seem to work fine.

This should do until you can afford the real answer !!

Then again, im going to run a mega discount AP group buy at the end of this month,
looking at less than £1300 for a complete AP front brake conversion, inc pads,discs,
calipers, braided hoses, fluid !!!!!

and amp;gt;and while we are at it how are you on down pipes and turbo elbow,
and amp;gt;I'm after a 3 down pipe to go with my Nur spec-R (which still needs fitting)

Cant seem to get anything out of Magnex these days, but then the HKS extension
and down pipe is far superior, at £450|PLS|vat it bloody well wants to be !!!!

Perhaps ill run a group buy on the HKS at £479 all inc ????? lol !!!

AP brakes and HKS extension, there you go, ive just spent £1,800 for you.... ;)

Justin.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok Justin,
Can you do me a cost for the replacement discs and pads, front and rear including fitting and fitting of the Blitz, I'll have a drive down to you for something to do, where are you in Kent?

Are the Magnex and HKS 3 and do they include the turbo elbow?

Ta
Ryan

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The HKS GT extension kit comprises the turbo elbow and downpipe and costs 450 GBP. I think it's 3 inch or just under (2,75). You will need a DECAT too! Or have you got it already?

Manifold - Turbo elbow - Downpipe - DECAT - Muffler

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hmm if its 2.75 I think I'll go for the PE instead, yup I've got a de-cat but its only 2.5 due to the waist on the Nur spec (see related thread in Exhausts) so I'll have to buy a new one.

Can't say I was planning on buying a new manifold though

R

1 - 5 of 5 Posts