Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Simon, would just like to say thanks for putting me in touch with Alan at Mitsubishi Motors in Bristol.
I test drove a 6 Makinen at my local dealer here in Norfolk. I'm not going into all the nitty gritty but needless to say they didn't want to sell me a car - or rather they wanted to sell a car - just didn't want to give me an incentive.

Anyhow a quick call to our main man in Bristol secured me a similar deal to yours |PLS| about £1600 worth of extras (including the front fog lights that you also had fitted apparently - ouch they are expensive!!!!!) all for less then £30k. I went down to meet Alan on Friday (thats a 10 hour / 520 mile round trip for me!) and the deal was done!

I pick up my white Makinen in approx two weeks time :)

Thanks again mate. Maybe we can meet up one day and I can buy you a well deserved drink :)

All the best and enjoy your car.

Ady

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Great News Cookie,iam glad you got a great deal,iam chuffed to bits with mine and do not worry the front fogs look superb,they make the front look even meaner than standard,i have never had such a car that attracts so much attention,from kids falling off the pavement to older people stopping me and asking where the rally is,great fun.Hopefully one day we will meet at a race meeting or something.

Regards Simon

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi guys,

Why do you need the foglights? They ad weight, block cooling/intake possiblities, don't improve light that much when foggy, and the money spend could have better been used improving the performance of the car?!

Just curious; it can't be just to improve the looks?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
NRING

The standard lights are shite, the British backroads are fast and tricky, and the EVO is rather rapid.

Believe me you need all the light you can get !

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The TME edition only has one air inlet from the front bumber so cooling was not really an issue but lighting was as gwadd mentions the standard lights are really crap and the kit that has been fitted is piaa and are superb and the whole kit weighs no more than 3 kilos,which is about the same as a gorge out of mcdonalds on a saturday night.But at least we will be able to see better.Will try and post a piccy and you will see it transforms the cars look,and you cannot tell me that we do not buy these cars without looks in mind.

LoL Simon

1 - 5 of 5 Posts