Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
11,773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
looking at some falken tyres, has anybody used these or got them fitted, any opinions greatly appreciated :smthumbup

·
Registered
3,231 Posts
I've not read a single bad report for the FK452 tyres. That seems to speak volumes for their abilities...

There are several websites where users leave feedback on tyres, can't think what sites they are though. :blush:

Paul

·
Registered
11,773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've not read a single bad report for the FK452 tyres. That seems to speak volumes for their abilities...

There are several websites where users leave feedback on tyres, can't think what sites they are though. :blush:

Paul
cheers paul, will try look some up. was hoping a few members may be using them to give me their opinion:D

·
Premium Member
8,781 Posts
Great tyres for the money mate :smthumbup... Even the Evo holds on with them fitted ;) (Road use)

Have had many in the past and my Evo sits on them at the moment without any issues. Bargin for the bucks :D

·
Registered
11,773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Great tyres for the money mate :smthumbup... Even the Evo holds on with them fitted ;) (Road use)

Have had many in the past and my Evo sits on them at the moment without any issues. Bargin for the bucks :D
Cheers Dave, just wanted to make sure they hold the road :smthumbup

good for the money but I dont think I would buy them again.
why not James??

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
I found them pretty good, but not anything outstanding. but for £70 each, they were fine. I will be looking to spend a bit more on tyres this time around. Nothing particular that I didnt like, but as I have more to spend I plan to go for a better tyre.

·
Registered
11,773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I found them pretty good, but not anything outstanding. but for £70 each, they were fine. I will be looking to spend a bit more on tyres this time around. Nothing particular that I didnt like, but as I have more to spend I plan to go for a better tyre.
what you thinking of going for(if you don't mind me asking):smthumbup

·
Registered
11,773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
so at twice the price I am thinking R888 or A048...no difference? behave.

Gonna be the assymetrics next :)
there is a thread on here about the assymetrics saying he is very dissapointed with them;) to be honest i think for general on road use all the tyres are pretty much the same on write ups:confused:
in fact it was vredestrein tyre that out did michelin and goodyear, the toyo wasn't in the test though, maybe i should look at them:lol:

·
Registered
5,688 Posts
I've not read a single bad report for the FK452 tyres.

Paul
here's 1 - i've just got rid of mine - when new the grip was great , but as they wore the grip totally disappeared wet or dry ,
till they became genuinely dangerous imo.
ok i've a fair bit of torque , but i'm talking spinning all 4 wheels in 3rd in a straight line in the dry , and you could forget about putting the boot down in 1st or 2nd . in the wet they gave me zero confidence :eek:
and bear in mind all 4 tyres were still legal when i took em off .
not bad when new but i wouldnt buy them again:thumbdown

·
Registered
11,773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
here's 1 - i've just got rid of mine - when new the grip was great , but as they wore the grip totally disappeared wet or dry ,
till they became genuinely dangerous imo.
ok i've a fair bit of torque , but i'm talking spinning all 4 wheels in 3rd in a straight line in the dry , and you could forget about putting the boot down in 1st or 2nd . in the wet they gave me zero confidence :eek:
and bear in mind all 4 tyres were still legal when i took em off .
not bad when new but i wouldnt buy them again:thumbdown
:eek:thats worrying , i find it amazing how different people find the same tyre:confused:

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
I run the 452 on my 18s and as a normal road tyre they are fine, decent in the dry but noisy i feel, average in the wet, but scary on greasy roads. I am happy to use them in the summer. As James said i won't buy again as want better performance level.

For the money though if it's normal road use they are fine.

I run Dunlops on my 17s and find them easily as good in the dry, but alot better in the wet and greasy conditions, so based on that i want to try Dunlop maxx road tyre on the 18s and direzza 3 on the 17s next.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts