Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
26,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
why have they banned re-fuling during races? why the **** don't they leave the rules alone they keep ruining the sport by making it up as they go along

·
Registered
17,199 Posts
why have they banned re-fuling during races? why the **** don't they leave the rules alone they keep ruining the sport by making it up as they go along
1) To stop races be won in the pitlane
2) Sure I heard something about it costing the teams less, as they won't need to carry all the fuel rigs around with them now (dunno if thats bull or not, as obviously they are gonna need to refuel the cars between practice, quali and the race anyway)

·
Registered
26,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
1) To stop races be won in the pitlane
2) Sure I heard something about it costing the teams less, as they won't need to carry all the fuel rigs around with them now (dunno if thats bull or not, as obviously they are gonna need to refuel the cars between practice, quali and the race anyway)
mate but stratergy is part of f1 if every car was the same and every set up was the same it would be boring

·
Premium Member
23,183 Posts
I think they should do the Le Mans running starts and bring back turbos, full ground effects, now that would spice it right up.

Lee

·
Registered
17,199 Posts
I think they should do the Le Mans running starts and bring back turbos, full ground effects, now that would spice it right up.

Lee
Won't ever happen the turbo cars were banned to try and make the sport safer, now if they hadn't done that, imagine the speeds they would be upto now (would be awesome to watch) but I recon we would be loosing half the grid every season :(

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
can't help feeling that with cars current development and aerodynamics it will just be a procession as there are so few passing places on ALMOST ALL CIRCUITS let's pray for sun and rain at each race - at least they will have to come in to change the tyres !!!!

·
acting daft since 1969
19,608 Posts
im sure all the insurance companys that back F1 are well chuffed with it ,how many times recently have cars driven off with the fuel rig still attached .
it was only a matter of time before some one was fryed and with it being screened properly these days there would be no chance of an ad break to TRY and hide something

personally id have said its likly to be a good thing i just wish they would sort out quilifying cos atm its rubbish

·
Registered
4,967 Posts

Lee
And manual gearshifts and zero driving aids. That would seperate the men from the boys.

·
Registered
526 Posts
mate, there is a "secret" plan. they want to change the F1 to ECO F1 :eek:
the lie of co2 is grabbing into the F1 decision maker :rotz:

THE NEW F1 SLOGAN 2010---> GOOOO GREEN

or maybe they are afraid of schumacher?! :confused:

in all: the decision is CRAP!
btw: bigger fuel tanks?? :blah::shake::blah:

·
Premium Member
23,183 Posts
Won't ever happen the turbo cars were banned to try and make the sport safer, now if they hadn't done that, imagine the speeds they would be upto now (would be awesome to watch) but I recon we would be loosing half the grid every season :(
Yeah I know I think Renault was running 1100bhp on a 1.5 litre :eek:

We could with losing some of them as they are boring, but with the way the teams are now and the driver line up, I think its going to be a good season even with the new rules.

Lee

·
Registered
17,199 Posts
Yeah I know I think Renault was running 1100bhp on a 1.5 litre :eek:

We could with losing some of them as they are boring, but with the way the teams are now and the driver line up, I think its going to be a good season even with the new rules.

Lee
I'm sure at the peak of the turbo car days, they used to run 1.5's with 1400+bhp for quali but turned them down for the race's.

·
Registered
26,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
it would also show who the best driver is. not whos got the best car
if you think that than you have missed the point of f1 it's about a whole package not about a driver a driver is nothing without a decent car

·
acting daft since 1969
19,608 Posts
so JB won last years cos he was a good driver ,not in my book ,that car was way ahead of the rest for the first 6 races if JB didnt win then rubans would have

schumacher to win this year as well ,the best driver ever with the best car designer ever AGIAN

·
Registered
26,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
so JB won last years cos he was a good driver ,not in my book ,that car was way ahead of the rest for the first 6 races if JB didnt win then rubans would have

schumacher to win this year as well ,the best driver ever with the best car designer ever AGIAN
so your agreeing with me :confused:

·
Registered
26,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
heres a nice lil picture F1 crank pistons and clutch

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.