Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 20 of 122 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Michelin want to add a chicane because their tyres seem to be falling apart. I think Ferrari & Bridgestone etc have to OK it first though..

·
Super Moderator
Jesus built my car
38,883 Posts
MultipleSarcasm said:
Michelin want to add a chicane because their tyres seem to be falling apart. I think Ferrari & Bridgestone etc have to OK it first though..
It's the race organisers that decide and there will be no chicane as it isn't fair to the other drivers.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Aidy said:
It's the race organisers that decide and there will be no chicane as it isn't fair to the other drivers.
Oh. I just heard Michelin saying they wanted a chicane, that's all. Otherwise they didn't want to race there, and if 12 or more cars don't race. Then it's cancelled? And I think there's too much money in it, for it not to go ahead. Don't you Aidy? I could be wrong though. I don't have any inside info or anything...

·
Registered
36 Posts
I don't actually believe what I'm seeing.. I know what Aidy meant, that it wasn't fair on the other drivers to have a chicane, but this is crazy. Total farce

·
Registered
18,120 Posts
I thought Ferrari and the like (ie some other major race outfits) had become dischanted with F1 and are planning an alternative to F1? (I also hear that the banks who own the majority of 'F1' are absolutely furious and are looking to sack half of Bernie's self appointed board who are also relatives?).

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i cant beleive that ITV are gona show a SIX car race????? :confused:

and if i was a spectator there i would want a FULL refund!!

·
Super Moderator
Jesus built my car
38,883 Posts
MultipleSarcasm said:
Oh. I just heard Michelin saying they wanted a chicane, that's all. Otherwise they didn't want to race there, and if 12 or more cars don't race. Then it's cancelled? And I think there's too much money in it, for it not to go ahead. Don't you Aidy? I could be wrong though. I don't have any inside info or anything...
TBH I think they'll run the race but only with the non-Michelin drivers. I don't have any inside info but that's what I think :)

·
Premium Member
1,816 Posts
GlobalGB said:
I thought Ferrari and the like (ie some other major race outfits) had become dischanted with F1 and are planning an alternative to F1? (I also hear that the banks who own the majority of 'F1' are absolutely furious and are looking to sack half of Bernie's self appointed board who are also relatives?).
That's what Ferrari have done - sabotaged the Michelin tyres and now they hav etheir alternative race series :crackup:

1 - 20 of 122 Posts