Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know the name of the wheel fitted on the EVO 6 Extreme.

How much are they and where do you get them from.

Has anyone fitted the extreme wheels to their EVO 6 and does it affect the handling due to them being 18 inch wheels. I already have HKS springs all round and the car can skip around on rough surfaces.

Many Thanks

Skeletor

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
They are German Meister alloys. (and according to previos threads very hard to find)

Ralliart Coordsport were selling them at a ridiculous price.

They were going for 300 quid each in their sale a while back though.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They are made by a company called Work. I thought they were Japanese wheels but I'm not one to argue with Lightspeed as he knows his stuff. Work wheels are widely available in Japan BUT they are very expensive as wheels have a high mark up price in Japan. Even OZ Superleggera's cost up to £300 per wheel !!

Si

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The wheels are called Works Meister and are produced in Japan. The european importer is in Switzerland and one of my mates is even Works dealer.

Mike

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think that BK do an exact copy - BK 121 alloys.

but then if you search for extreme alloys on this board I seem to remember someone saying that a mate of a mate cracked one of these BK wheels in two pieces very very easily. Probably a damm sight cheaper though.. I think a figure of 200 quid was said sometime ago.

If you manage to source any (either the BK or Meister) please let me know as I'd be intersted in a set.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
One thing to note.

The BK wheels are copies of the design, not the production. The original Work Meister wheels are forged alloy and are quite light, therefore mega-buck expensive.

The BK wheels will be made in the same way as your common or garden TSW or similar type wheels. They are heavy and relatively cheap.

However, you pays your money.........

Si

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I stand corrected - my information source or memory (or both!) were lacking!

There are a lot of very nice high quality Japanese wheels out there.
Personally I like the WRC Tarmac look.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
lightspeed - what do U mean

you are correct, the ones fitted to the Ralliart cars were the Meister, v. expensive... BK's are copy

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Jackal,
I've sent off an enquiry form from their website to see if they will fit and any other details etc.... I'll keep you updated

Andy

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I remember reading an old thread on this forum,where it was pointed out that the Meister Wheels ,mark and discolour very easy,in the UK where the roads are gritted the salt eats into them,and they can look very second hand very quickly.It was suggested that in the winter you remove them and then replace them again in the summer.Do a search it will show up somewhere

Hope this helps Barry:)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Before getting a set of Meisters on my old Evo 5 I had a set of BK's thinking I would save money - wrong!

Two sets were supplied, both had wrong offsets, clouted the calipers and looked ridiculous.

Meisters are horribly dear and need loving care but I drove my eXtreme all winter (8000 miles) and the wheels were like new when I sold the car. The trick is to wash and amp; leather them twice a week and if anything marks the chrome part I used a little Autosolvol. If you neglect them for months, brake dust will wreck the wheel.

I have also seen a few Meisters that have taken a serious knock and the tyre stayed up so I can vouch for their strength.

Also seen a couple of E6 with 19 OZ's which look pretty cool!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
JacKal

They looked ridiculous because the offset was wrong but the quality is nowhere close, the rim is painted rather than chrome type finish.

I have seen BK's on an FTO and they look OK but even if they are now available with the right offset, I think that they look a poor imitation of the real thing. JMHO

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Right then kids,
I've got a response from tyresave and they say that the BK's can be supplied to fit an Evo6 with no problems and price at £489 for all four including delivery. The alternative is that you can get the 'black chrome finish' whatever that is for £699 for a set of 4.

Andy

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
There was a chap on here who had/has an Evo 2 and fitted BK 'smoke' wheels. I think he had to get them recoated/plated after only a couple of months and had heard of a few folk with similar experiences.

Caveat emptor.....

1 - 18 of 18 Posts