Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
hi there
can you please educate a new member to this whole EVO business.

does some one for sure know the exact engine specs for these two models ? what boost level they run at and so on. it would help if it was in relation to the EVO VII.

G

·
Discussion Starter #2
Don't know about the boost levels, but a thread with all the specs was in a thread in General discussion about 1 1/2 months ago. Was it called 7th heaven or something??

G

·
Discussion Starter #4
hi there
does anyone have boost levels for the evo 7 extreme.

also does anyone know if the 7 has got any uprated engine internals apart form the hollow cam shafts ?

G

·
Discussion Starter #5
Sam

My car is set at 1.5 bar, but I am not sure if that is peak or constant. BTW, there are things that Ralliart do to the Extreme that they don't tell people about, which is why I believe that even if you did put all the parts on, you probably wouldn't get the same power.

G

·
Discussion Starter #6
Simon it wouldnt be constant,get a boost guage and you will know.You have the Ralliart Ecu with manual boost control max 1.5bar peak 1.3 held.I run 1.4 peak and hold to 1.4 according to throttle position with Ralliart Ecu and Apexi boost controller.

Regards Barry:)

G

·
Discussion Starter #7
simon
thanks for the info it will help if you have a boost gauge but have you found any gauges that match the EVO VII ? was there any internal mods done to your car ?

barry
are you talking about the VII or the VI ? do you think the sports ecu is worth the money ? to be honest here what is the boost cut off limit on the standard EVO VII ecu ? and what is it on the sports ecu?

too many questions in my mind, but i am only starting so bear with me guys

thanks in advance

sam

G

·
Discussion Starter #8
Sam

I haven't seen a boost gauge mount for the 7 but would like to find one. BTW, I suspect that barry is right in that the car peaks at 1.5 and 1.3 held. There are internal mods to the engine and I believe that it is more than just the pistons and rods. They do some machining but won't say what. As I said before, if you just put on the parts they say is in the spec, you don't get the performance they get! It seems that they keep some secrets up their sleeve!

G

·
Discussion Starter #9
LOL! Simon....hehehe. It seems that they keep some secrets up their sleeve!
There ain't much secrecy about that the engine block needs to be machined (or honed, as it's called) when new pistons are fitted, although as they keep the 85mm size it's not going to be much. Also, there isn't any secret things that can be done to an engine, unless you're talking F1. And the power and torque figures for the Extreme S and Extreme engine are easily attainable with the bits they have put into the car. Secret Ralliart skills....hehehe, you crack me up Simon!!

G

·
Discussion Starter #11
Simon/Michael

There are no secrets! Ralliart use omega pistons, arrow rods (just like mine), gasflow the head and use different cams (though these are made for them, they are not HKS ones). Toney Cox will happily tell you if you ask him! That's about it for the engine internals, oh, apart from valves and springs. Don't believe they use verniers (though they might).

G

·
Discussion Starter #12
Andre, like I said, as soon as my car has passed the TÜV. It's prepared now, looks like it's going next week. And then we'll see...

G

·
Discussion Starter #13
Blade,

Is there any reason why PE used arrow rods in your car rather than carillo as these are superb rods and the ones they advertise on their website. Also do you burn much oil using the omega pistons?

Clive

G

·
Discussion Starter #14
Well, I get a little confused. They are made by arrow, and they are Carillo rods (which they tell me are the H-shaped design). Don't shoot me if that's wrong!

In 2000 miles - the car has used NO OIL! Excellent work that is!

G

·
Discussion Starter #15
blade, simon

since your engines are rebuilt do you get piston slap in the morning ? i thought it was one of these side effects to forged pistons and large clearances. larger clearance than standard is needed if you want to run high boost to allow the pistons to expand. or am i way off again ?

G

·
Discussion Starter #16
Sam, you are right, most rebuilt engines with forged pistons get pison slap, unless the tolerances are very good (both in piston manufacture and the honing). Mine are exceptionally good, and I don't seem to have any slap or oil usage at all, which I am bloody chuffed about! Doesn't sound any worse than normal really.

Says alot about Omega pistons really. And the work Steve at PE did.

Simon doesn't have a rebuilt engine - his is the Extreme, not the Extreme S.

G

·
Discussion Starter #17
Blade

Without stripping down the engine to prove it, I hope I have had my engine rebuilt. I certainly saw it stripped down. It does have Omega pistons and Arrow conrods. I haven't noticed piston slap either and to date, it has used very little oil.

Michael

I was not refering to the machining, which is, as you say, common knowledge. I did not say they had secret skills, because as you say, most things are well known. However, what I was implying is that Ralliart do not necesarily state all the things that they do. The only way of knowing would be to strip everything. The real issue though is the exact combination of components and how they are matched. It is rather like a PC - looking at the headline spec and the components does not really tell you the performance. The only way of knowing is to bench test the machine. The same with cars. Even standard cars differ in power output due to build quality. This is even more so with tuned cars. Just bolting on bits does not produce the same performance.

I am not saying that Ralliart is doing anything that others couldn't do. I happen to think that like some others, they do it well.

G

·
Discussion Starter #18
Right I'm off to buy myself an 33mhz 486Dx, with a Energymax 550w powersupply and 512 Cas-2 133mhz memory. Maybe with the extra memory and amp's available it will run like an Athlon XP1900.

Emmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Only joking !!!

G

·
Discussion Starter #19
Blade,

Carrillo conrods are made by an American company called Carrillo Industries and have been manufacturing conrods since 1963. They are renowned as being one of the best conrods available worldwide. They are H section rods made from chromium/nickel/vanadium/molybdenum forged alloy, heat treated, machined and shot peened for surface stress relief, this increases ultimate strength and reduces the chance of fatigue cracks forming. Arrow rods may be H section design, I and H section are the best shape for strength, but they are not in any way connected (excuse the pun) to Carrillo Industries. They are obviously advertised as Carrillo type rods (as Carrillo are the industry standard for rods) but the advert is a bit misleading. Arrow also manufacture extremely high quality conrods.

Clive

G

·
Discussion Starter #20
Chuck

Can organise you a great deal on one but I cannot guarantee the performance. When I last checked, my home PC was putting out about 2200 bhp and 1750 lbs of torque. However, it got a bit mangled in the rolling road.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts