Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone heard any more about this recently? (for those not smiliar with it, it's a system which prevents your car from ever breaking the speed limit).

The Swedish government have been messing with it and surprise surprise the EU and UK are in favour of it. The UK government have looked at bringing it "as soon as the technology works well enough".

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
It will never happen here. Coz that would mean the end of speeding and camera's and fines etc. What would the police do after that was agreed?

·
Registered
18,120 Posts
If this fantasy ever becomes reality it will slow you down AND fine you not to mention causing a 6 car pile up when all the cars behind you suddenly crash into your back end. :)

Of course, this new system will only apply to new cars. New cars that are homologated for the EC/UK market that is, making imported cars an even more desirable option. :D

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It best not come to fruition. It seems as time goes on our government wants us all to be more and more like good little worker-ants: shepherded to our employers at a government controlled speed, where we work all day and contribute to the economy, then we're returned home for the evening at a governement controlled speed and taxed whilst we sleep, then the next day it all begins again.

·
Underground mapper
19,830 Posts
Leon VI said:
It best not come to fruition. It seems as time goes on our government wants us all to be more and more like good little worker-ants: shepherded to our employers at a government controlled speed, where we work all day and contribute to the economy, then we're returned home for the evening at a governement controlled speed and taxed whilst we sleep, then the next day it all begins again.
And how exactly is that different from what happens now where you are shepherded to work at a government controlled speed enforced by policemen with laser guns and speed cameras :confused:

Andy

·
Registered
878 Posts
Big Brother is watching you. Its just another way of knowing exactly what people are doing and where there are at a given point.
Its got to be dangerous. You pull out to overtake something, and, oh, no ower, look that lorry is now coming straight for me and I can't get back in this queue of traffic anywhere.

·
Registered
18,323 Posts
mike_turbo said:
erm, on a brighter note guys, only 9 months til christmas!
On an even brighter note ,only 7 days till nurburgring time :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D and 1 day till i get a fixed car to drive round it :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
AndyF_RSX said:
And how exactly is that different from what happens now where you are shepherded to work at a government controlled speed enforced by policemen with laser guns and speed cameras :confused:

Andy
Cameras aren't everywhere (yet) so you still have the choice as to whether or not you put your foot down no matter what road you're on.

With EVSC no matter where you are it'll be active and you'll have no choice whether or not to obey it. Take away somebody's choices and you take away their freedom.

·
Underground mapper
19,830 Posts
Leon VI said:
Cameras aren't everywhere (yet) so you still have the choice as to whether or not you put your foot down no matter what road you're on.

With EVSC no matter where you are it'll be active and you'll have no choice whether or not to obey it. Take away somebody's choices and you take away their freedom.
So you want the choice as to whether or not you break the law?????

How far do you take that then?

Should we not have a sex offenders register because that takes away their freedom because people know where they live and it's their choice whether they want to reoffend or not :confused:

Andy

·
Registered
4,887 Posts
AndyF_RSX said:

How far do you take that then?

Should we not have a sex offenders register because that takes away their freedom because people know where they live and it's their choice whether they want to reoffend or not :confused:

Andy
What a ridiculous comparison!

·
Underground mapper
19,830 Posts
Thank you Mr Scammell :D:D:D
I think you will find that if you read my post again, I was not making any comparison, I was merely asking a question as to how far we should take the issue of being given freedom to break the law.

Cheers

Andy

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
AndyF_RSX said:
When it comes to speed limit infringements, yes.

AndyF_RSX said:

I'll second Ben's "ridiculous comparison" statement there. I hardly think that accelerating to 50 on a clear section of 40mph road is in any way comparable to committing a sex-related offence.

Edited to say: How far should we take it? Not that far.

·
Registered
4,887 Posts
My pleasure Andy :D

I do think that everyone should be given a bit more responsibility and allowed to suffer the consequenses. This place is really turning into a nanny state....

The do-gooders have actually eroded so much that was great about this country.

·
Registered
18,120 Posts
Such as displaying faces and names of litter bugs on buses etc but keeping the identity of sex offenders hidden - wtf is all that about.

·
Registered
4,887 Posts
GlobalGB said:
Such as displaying faces and names of litter bugs on buses etc but keeping the identity of sex offenders hidden - wtf is all that about.
One thing they did in Reading that amused me:-

They took digital pictures of people visiting "ladies of the night" in the Oxford Road area and and then enlarged them and put a collage of 2ft x 2ft photos of poeple on a huge billboard by McDonalds with the title "These people have been visiting prostitutes, anyone you know?"

Needless to say it was removed pretty quick once the peoples lawyers got involved.....

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The do-gooders of this country would be great if only they didn't have their priorities completely arse-over-tit.

·
Underground mapper
19,830 Posts
Leon VI said:
The do-gooders of this country would be great if only they didn't have their priorities completely arse-over-tit.
Do you mean letting you get away with what you want to do but stopping everyone else from doing anything illegal :D

Andy

·
Registered
4,887 Posts
AndyF_RSX said:
Do you mean letting you get away with what you want to do but stopping everyone else from doing anything illegal :D

Andy
I think he means not wasting money & time on creating unenforcable laws, completely mismanaging the immigration into the UK for the sake of being PC, tying up every public service & office with so much paperwork "to guarantee there will be no mistakes" so they can't actually provide the service originally inteded.... I could go on, but I need to do some more work to earn some more cash, to pay some more tax, to ensure someone else doesn't run out of Lambert & Butler or Special Brew wihle sat on their a$$ absorbing pointless daytime TV, when they should be out getting a job.

AND I'M NOT BITTER! :D

1 - 20 of 45 Posts