Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right, forgive my ignorance on this subject but I am not sure what I am talking about! :)

I wish to upgrade the exhaust system on my 260. At the moment it has the standard setup. I understand the 260 has twin cats. Will I have to remove both of these if I change the exhaust and if so what about emissions testing on an MOT? Or can you get away with simply removing one of the cats? I am planning a remap which I believe I will need after fitting a new exhaust anyway?

Also, any recommendations on the exhaust front? I want something that is quiet and subtle; nothing too loud!

Thanks.

·
Registered
30,469 Posts
I could source you a nice HKS Hi Power Silent, it is a really good free flowing exhaust without the noise.

You would want to get a downpipe and Decat also.

I think you could then keep your original centre cat for MOT's or find a nice tester ;).

Exhaust

Downpipe

·
Registered
720 Posts
You should search this forum and read the many comments about exhaust and de-cat upgrades for the 260.

In particular, the engine management system is likely to throw on the warning lamp a few hundred miles after it notices removal of the first cat (which is in the downpipe section).

There are 'fixes' for this, do read on...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts