Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been thinking about a decat system for the Vxr. Is there any real world difference between say Cobra, Scorpion, Miltek? How different can a 2.5 through pipe be? I want to keep the same style tail pipes as I quite like them and Cobra will make them. I don't want anything loud and obnoxious either, it's more for longevity and binning the cats. I'm probably going to have a subtle remap done as well.

·
Premium Member
1,537 Posts
Haven't dealt with any of those manufactures in years now so things may have changed but from my personal experience Milltek had a reputation for welds cracking quite frequently, Cobra/Jetex/Scorpion were all made by the same fabrication shop and just sold under different names.
Fitted a Scorpion to my Megane 265 a few years back, beautiful fitment, high quality and sounded amazing. Fitted another to my Megane 225 and it was dog ****, horrendous fitment and shocking flange design made it impossible to stop blows. Go figure.

Must be stressed this was at least 3-4 years ago I know a lot of companies have really upped their game since then in terms of design and quality.

·
Premium Member
1,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Okay, thanks for the input Ben. I had a Scorpion on my old fiesta turbo and I loved it. Cobra have been the first to respond to my enquiry. I'm in 2 minds still because I don't really need one, I'm just a tit lol.

·
Premium Member
1,537 Posts
Well if it's only a decat pipe I wouldn't imagine the brand would matter much. Not sure on the complexity of the VXR decat but usually just a straight through pipe of a few foot.

·
Premium Member
1,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
They have pre cats too so from what I've gathered, it's 2 separate pipes.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts