Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, currently running a Miltec but it’s so loud. Fancy a outrolled tip but something not too loud. How size exhaust should I get for 400+bhp. 3” internal diameter best?

· Registered
621 Posts
+1 for Russ Fellows if 3" is required (perfectly adequate for 400+bhp). He manufactures to order with jig so he doesn't need the car in his WS. True 3" that flows well.
Mine arrived with silencer weld seam on the underside, which seemed odd, but wasn't too much of an issue; might be worth a mention if aesthetics are important.
As above, great price, particularly for a custom!

· Premium Member
305 Posts
Ah...apologies for a dissenting opinion, but my Russ Fellows isn't as quiet as I'd like. I should have went with an HKS model... I have to run a db killer to pass German road laws and even then still loud at normal speed. It is 3 inch and free flowing though! Great quality too.

· Very Senior User
1,190 Posts
Ah...apologies for a dissenting opinion, but my Russ Fellows isn't as quiet as I'd like. I should have went with an HKS model... I have to run a db killer to pass German road laws and even then still loud at normal speed. It is 3 inch and free flowing though! Great quality too.
Russ can do a quiet config with resonator + larger back box (10x8x18 IIRC) + decat silencer - this is a special that he did for me that is about 92dBA track measurement. This is much quieter than normal config. His normal system with resosnator was about 98dB and without resonator or decat silencer will be well over 100.

ps all above still straight through 3"

· Registered
Evo 9GT, 562hp, #EngineTuner, Ply
82 Posts
I have HKS Slient on my Impreza. I prefer quiet so it suits me perfectly. My Evo has HKS titanium which doesn't seem "that" much louder than the Silent.

Have considered changing to a Russ Fellow on the Evo but the HKS is quite cool being ti. Feels odd when off the car it's so light.

· Premium Member
518 Posts
I have HKS Slient on my Impreza. I prefer quiet so it suits me perfectly. My Evo has HKS titanium which doesn't seem "that" much louder than the Silent.

Have considered changing to a Russ Fellow on the Evo but the HKS is quite cool being ti. Feels odd when off the car it's so light.
Would love a hks ti system

1 - 9 of 9 Posts