Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am planning on fitting a full exhaust (Magnex) with decat pipe and amp; downpipe and also an induction kit and BOV. Doing this mainly for the sound and to loosen things up a little but no doubt the car will be a little bit quicker.

What sort of power/acceleration improvement can I expect ?

regards

Rich

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
You would probably get better throttle response and more free revving through the range. Also the sound will make the car feel quicker as well.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Jackal, what sort of induction kit and bov were you thinking of using? I'm interested because I'm thinking of taking the plunge aswell and changing exhaust, bov and getting an induction kit.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
errrrrrrr

well, im not really too fussed.... dont care about the looks and I dont want to spend much so I am after anybodys 2nd hand stuff. Looks liek I am going Magnex for eth exhaust (I have heard one and liked it) and HKS for the BOV as everyone says its the best, although the apexi appeals as its sound adjustable :) . As for teh induction kit, I dont see any reason for spending more than 80 quid on the pipercorss... the HKS one doesn't appeal.... maybe blitz if I dont get piperX. I reckon its all much of a muchness - I just want the thing to sounds a lot better and loosen the feel up a bit and most of whats available will do just that. Ive done a lot of searches on teh board and there is advice for all sorts of best combinations e.g. HKS dragger with Magnex downpipe etc... but I am happy to go with what ever - everyone just recomends what they have got personally. Mind you, some exhausts may be too quiet or too loud for some tastes and the blitz induction kit is advised against if you are driving off road as it lets stuff in. HKS mushroom syou have to replace every so often.

what I REALLY want is teh quick rack, competition bushes and lowering... the cars steering needs the most attention but I want fast results for my outlay and it may just be wiser to swap for a Makinen to improve the steering feel.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Jackal, only the RS, Extreme, RS450 and RS2 (RSX in the UK) have got the quick rack. Only the Extreme has the uprated bushes. The Makinnen has inverted dampers, and shorter springs, but other than that is the same as the GSR.

On the exhaust front, they are much of a muchness. Make sure it is a 3 system all the way through. Get a decat pipe, and replace the downpipe too.

The Piper is pants compared to the other filters, and won't give you as good an induction noise as say, the Blitz or the top end HKS stuff, or as much flow.

With a decent exhaust and filter, expect around 15% more power, better throttle response and a slight torque increase.

If you skimp on the downpipe, decat and air filter you will get noise, but not much power.

The Magnex is quite loud, as is the Blitz exhaust. The HKS super drager is realatively quite. Power Engineering exhaust has a good sound, and I have heard that the Scott and amp; Hayward one sounds nice too. Apexi also do nice filters and exhausts too.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Jackal

i know someone who is selling there super powerflow and hks bov, if you are interested drop me a mail

lee

ps. are you coming to boxhill saturday??

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sorry to correct you Tony

but my TME has the quick steering rack (2.2 turns) and my mates RSII doesn't. This just shows how many different EVO versions are around.

Cheers

Mike

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm interested in the SPF if no-one else is.
Has the seller got all the bits and amp; pieces with it such as brackets, clips etc ?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
okay ...

looks like I get the Magnex exhaust on saturday, with downpipe and amp; decat pipe etc...

Waiting for an email back about HKS BOV

will buy induction kit new (unless anyone has one going :) )... I like Apexi and Blitz. Does anyone know where I can het Apexi from ????

Blade,

Im pretty certain that Mak is quick rack. In any case, the Mak I test drove before I bought my gsr was definitely better in the steering dept. Yeah.. bushes are on Extreme but must be available for gsr to retrofit ?

LEELEGEND

get the HKS bov seller to mail me: [email protected]

what time is Boxhill...? I would love to come.... meet a few heads etc.. Thing is I am supposed to be going to in-laws down in Southend but maybe ill be able to tavel later.

cheers

Rich

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Jackal: south mimms for 1pm, full on drive round to boxhill for 2pm

good laugh....

i will get intouch with barry who is selling the bits and give him your address.

lee

ps. you wasnt in southend last night was you??, as i say a silver tme the same as mine near cliffs theatre....

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The exhaust will make a big difference in the evo, you can expect to reach 300bhp.
To get hi rev power you should fit a big diameter pipe exhaust, but you could loose some low end.
If you fit a smaller pipe diameter you keep more low end and torque.
Anyway a special exhaust will be better than the original one.
I don't know the pipercross kit, but for 80£ it's not expensive.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Sorry I am meeting Barry tomorrow at RC Developments, he is selling me the HKS BOV and induction kit! I hope! :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts