Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't suppose there are many owners with EGT gauges, but can I enquire from those who have whether they have either positioned the probe in the downpipe, drilled a hole in the cast section between downpipe and turbo, or replaced the cast section with an after market product and drilled this.

Steve

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re:Exhaust Gas Temperature

Mines going in the downpipe, have been reliably informed this is the best place.

Rgds Kevin A

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ideally, you mount the EGT probe / sensor as close to the exhaust openings of the engine block, usually in the manifold. This will yield the most precise measurement possible. Problem is getting it too close to the exhaust opening will burn the sensor faster. But here in the Philippines, the exhaust manifold is still the most common place to mount them.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am sure some said to mount it in the manifold near No.1 Exhaust Port as that is the one that runs the hottest?

·
Registered
52 Posts
where can i get an egt sensor from?got hold of a greddy gauge cheap,but minus sensor.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.