Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Excuse me if this has been covered before but I seem to think that my Evo6 seems quite loud at anything over 3-3500K rpm. If I accelerate the car has the normal sort of sound upto about 3k rpm and then the engine/exhaust gets noticeably louder from here upwards ? Seems like its a lot more boomier (for want of a better word) and I can feel it through the seat??

The car has just had the major service consisting of a Cambelt etc and is fitted with the standard E6 GSR Exhaust. I have had 2 Scoobs before and am not sure whether this is standard engine noise or something else ?? Its just that I have read something about a correct procedure being followed when changing a cambelt ??

Any advice most welcome :blush:

·
Registered
4,792 Posts
It's more than likely your exhaust, the turbo starts spooling up about then that's why it gets noisier from then on, what exhaust have you got on it :confused:

Sorry didn't read it right :rolleyes: have you got a standard filter :confused:

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Many thanks for your reply

I currently have the standard E6 GSR exhaust fitted but a new Blitz goes on the car on Friday :)

I have only had Scoobs before and the engine note on the Evo does take some getting used to. As I say its just a lot of sort of engine noise when accelerating and it seems to almost roar at about 3-3.5K rpm.

I have uprated the standard panel to a PiperX but the noise is the same with both ?

·
Registered
4,792 Posts
Roar is a good word, it won't be as noticeable with the blitz, it is different delivery than the scoobs I've been in and scoobs have a unique sound being a boxer engine :coolsm: I think my evo is more akin to a jap in line four bike :D

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well I have been excited enough about getting the Evo - I can't wait until the Blitz has been fitted - I assume with the Cat Back its not gonna be earthquake loud ?? ;)

·
Registered
200 Posts
Hello...
If you change the Cambelt... take a look to the balancer shaft, normally is back 180 degrees.
It happens to me last week.
Make a search with "vibration".
Hope it helps.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.