Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi. I recently bought a openport 1.3 cable and evoscan so I could data log and maybe adjust the map a bit once I'm familiar with it all but I can't get ecuflash to read the rom. The drivers have installed on my pc and the program can see the cable but it cannot read. I tried data logging with evoscan and it initializes and connects but the data from the excel sheet is just a loop of numbers that mean nothing. I've had the help from a guy in the know and he said it's all very weird, I was just wondering if anyone has any idea? The read/write port on the cable does sit in the port really loosely but ive tried holding it either side and reading the ecu but it's having none of it. I'll stick up a picture of the error and the log but it's gibberish

Any thoughts appreciated

·
Premium Member
7,656 Posts
Never had any issues connecting to any evo. So im not sure what the issue is. Its difficult diagnosing something thats not in front of you

·
Premium Member
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah I can appreciate that. Bit of an iffy one. I'm ordering my gauges next Friday off GBE who supplied my cable, so if I haven't made any progress by then I might see if I can order another cable to see if that's the issue and return it if it doesn't help

·
Premium Member
7,656 Posts
Try hooking the car up to a battery charger just in case the voltage is too low.
If theres any issues with the cable grant would replace without an issue iv used him for parts a few times

·
Premium Member
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It actually occurred to me this morning that my sub and amp (that I know kill my battery in 45 mins) are never actually off while the ignition is on. I can turn it down and turn the screen black but my head unit is never truly off. I'm thinking that drain would make the voltage at the battery be low enough to make it not read.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts