Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it just me or is there no other car that even comes close to looking like an Evo on the road?

I love passing them down a dual carriageway because they look absolutely stunning. You can see them coming a mile away. When there is nothing but streams and streams of mondeos, fiestas (su###us :D ) and corsas it isnt that hard to stand but the Evo is in a completely different class.

After a while I think we get used to the capability and excellent driveability of the Evo. Its always good to jump into a works van or a normal road car to see how superb the Evo is.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Your not alone fella .
I cannot find a car that I could concider replacing the EVo with apart for another EVo .Not unless I had £50000 |PLS| then I'm sure the 911 turbo would do but purely for pose value and that I could afford it.
The skyline come close second to the Evo .GTR v spec that is .

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So true , I was refueling recently when I heard laughing , looked up 2 c a cheb looking behind the Evo in fits , her boyfriend was kneeling and doing the I am not worthy thing , he then came over shook my hand saying it was the most outragious car in the world ever and asked me if I wanted 2 shag his girlfriend...................ok I lied about the shag bit :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Totally agree!

however, I find that many people refuse to look at the evo. They hear it coming, a quick glance, want to look again but refuse to! You can see them doing it. Only people who really look are 9 year old boys!

Mind you, all the teenage girls in my village now wave at me when in the evo!!! http://www.lancerregister.com/graphics/tongue1.gif border|EQU| 0 align|EQU| absmiddle > Same girls ingore me when in my Mondy!:(

Kids in Pug 205's give a lot of thumbs up, for some strange reason.

P

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i find that strange too pondy, people who dont know you are you best mate when in the evo but when in the works van, your a nobody :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
If its looks you want, try driving a yellow evo 5,
non stop attention, sometimes it gets embarrasing !

Personnally, I think the evo is one of the most gorgeous cars ever
made; my wife thinks its hidious and hates the way it drives
and now refuses to drive it.

STRANGE WOMEN!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Tell me about it!! Traded my Scoob yesterday for a lovely light blue E6. Used to get flashes from other Scooby drivers and the occasional stare from teenagers once they heard it. Did about 50 miles around the area yesterday and thuought their must've been royality in the car with me. Never seen so many smiley faces. Also liked it when an old boy had a sneeky look and I could tell his missus was telling him to grow up.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
swampy,

long live reims blue for that stick out in a crowd feeling...keep it clean and looking mean..no other colour in the 6 range comes close.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The Reims blue gang is back. Old folks love the Evo. Had several conversations with pensioners about the car. Hotel manageress came up to me at breakfast once My son's told me to tell you that he loves your car and when are you coming back to the hotel, I don't know what car it is but it looks kind of funny. Tea or coffee this morning sir?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i also now seam to have a lot more friends when i am out in my evo all kind of people flash ther lights at me , my mate keeps asking me ' who was that (he a bit nosey )' and i have to tell him i have not got a clue .
when i had my old cars a nova and a corsa gsi i used to park across the road from my mates house when i was visiting him in front of some old mans house (hes about 70)and he was always coming out and bo*****g me for parking there now i have my evo i am more than welcome to park there and he even comes out to talk to me , only a couple of weeks ago my evo was in for a service so i had the colt curtosy car and when i parked up and he seen me getting out he came out of the hose to see what was up with my evo , he thought i had got rid of it :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I have to admitwhen I have parked my car out the back of my shop or some one has spotted the photos of my car on the wall ,so many blokes have said is that a subaru !
I feel like grabbing them by the nuts and sayin are you a bird ?
Most I would say know my evo around swindon if into cars and usually if I blow them away and they pull up at the lights later ,always give the chheezy grin and thumb up.
After the car is polished and looking great then all look at it .No one thinks that your going to cane a highly polished car and its pose value only .well how wrong could they be.
Nice that others apreciate and good looking motor ,thats what drew me to it in the 1st place .

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well if you think you all get attention, try being a lass driving one!

I dont know if fastchick gets the same response but its usually looks of admiration when you overtake or pass other cars, then when you get to a set of lights and the same car pulls up next to you, then you get the double take as if to say oooooh evo! OH **** WITH A LASS DRIVING!!!! The usual smile sets you up for the rest of the day.

Happy and safe driving all:)

Debs

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I agree with you totaly Yellow5 as I have a Dandelion 5 as well ;)

When I first got the car (1.5 years ago now:)) I couldnt believe the number of people who
would stare at the motor as I drove by. I still get people coming up to me in car parks and
asking what the hell the car is !! The local boy racers (saxos, nova's etc) give it respect and flash
the lights as I pass :D

I think yellow is the best colour for the 5

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
see youve found sonic the hedgehog then debs :D

power to the Evos ;)

i agree spanpody, so why did mitsu not make a dandelion yellow 6 ???

1 - 20 of 20 Posts